Jobs, Career, & Professional Development
Whether you're going back to school, switching jobs, or just want to brush up on an academic skill, the Adult Learning Center is here to help. Tutors are available Monday through Sunday from 1-10 PM. The following services are included:
- Live tutoring - get one-on-one help
- Skill building - connect with a tutor to get help with an academic skill
- Writing lab - get help with your writing - whether it's a report, essay, resume, cover letter, or any other type of writing material.
- Test center - offers a variety of practice tests in math, reading, writing, High School Equivalency, U.S. Citizenship
- Microsoft Office Help - get help with the Microsoft Office suite
VetNow offers live online assistance for veterans and their families on a wide variety of resources:
- Connect with a live tutor to help navigate your eligible VA Benefits, including housing & health care assistance
- Choose skill building lessons in math, science, reading/writing, social studies, and a wide range of practice tests to master high school equivalency tests, college entrance exams, career prep, Praxis, ASVAB, GRE, ESL and more.
- Get help with live job coaching, identifying skills, resume building, and translating military experiences into civilian occupations.
Getting into college is an important step to building a strong future. First, you must do well on your college admission tests and write a personal essay that highlights your special talents. Use this center to get the resources you need to achieve your college preparation goals.
Tutorials for computer basics, software products, Internet, email, popular apps, and more. Also available in Spanish.
Tutoriales de conceptos básicos de computadora, productos de software, Internet, correo electrónico, aplicaciones populares y más. Disponible en español: GCFAprendeLibre.
Earning a high school equivalency credential can open the door to better income, a more fulfilling job, and a college education. If you are preparing for the GED test, HiSET or TASC exams, the High School Equivalency Center's practice tests, interactive tutorials, and eBooks will help you reach your goal.
LearningExpress: Skill-Building Courses, Occupational Practice Tests, Career & Academic Tests, & Much More!
LearningExpress Library is an online learning platform to take self-paced courses and practice tests. You will find:
- Skill-building courses and eBooks to help with reading, writing, and math.
- Occupational practice tests and civil service exams for a variety of career choices.
- Career and academic tests.
Available in English and Spanish. New users will be asked to create a user name and password when they first access the resource.
A través de Recursos para Hispanohablantes de Learning Express Library usted podrá hacer actividades para mejorar sus habilidades de lectura, escritura y matemáticas, y prepararse para el examen de GED.
Online self-paced learning courses for continuing education in business, marketing, management, software, technology, creative skills and more! Discover teacher tips as well as courses teaching software and coding for educators. Courses are offered in English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Mandarin, and Portuguese. Certificates of Completion are available; they are provided in the form of a plain document without any personal identifiable information such as your name. FAQ: Accessing the LinkedIn Learning App
View brief tutorials from the creators of Niche Academy on a variety of computer and digital literacy related topics. These mini tutorials are great for learning more about various Google tools and services as well as popular social media sites.
Get instant access to videos and full-color reference eBooks geared toward the Information Technology sector. Enjoy access to early releases for titles published by O’Reilly Media. Also included are titles for personal & professional development and for project management.
Publishers include O'Reilly Media, Cisco Press, Adobe Press, Microsoft Press, John Wiley & Sons, Apress, Pearson Certification, Peach Pit, Career Press, and much more. FAQs.
Immersion language learning for 30 languages including English (ESL)! Online courses are available in different proficiency levels and structured around core lessons that help build reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills using interactive voice comparison, illustrative images, quizzes, and challenges. FAQs & Instructions.
Salem Press offers online access to its print titles owned by Santa Clara County Library District.
Full-text versions of Salem Press history titles include:
- Great Lives in History: The Eighteenth Century
- Defining Documents in American History: Immigration & Immigrant Communities (1650-2016)
Full-text versions of Salem Press literary titles include:
- Recommended Reading: 600 Classics Reviewed - Reviews classics that continue to interest general readers and literary specialists, year after year.
- Critical Surveys of Mythology and Folklore: World Mythology includes traditional literature from a broad range of regions and cultures.
Also includes full-text career titles like Careers Outdoors, and health titles like Magill's Medical Guide. Please note: the information provided in that database should not be viewed as a means for self-diagnosis or as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Skillsoft offers 2,600+ self-paced and just-in time eCourses, 14,500+ eBooks, and 35,000+ videos from certified industry experts on computer and information technology.
In addition, Skillsoft offers hundreds of IT certification & test prep eBooks & eCourses, developed in partnership with leading industry organizations.
New users / returning members who need to reactivate, complete this web form first.
Unlimited access to hundreds of free, non-credit, continuing education online courses. Class subjects include business, history, mathematics, office skills and training, science, and test prep.
Enroll in up to 5 courses at a time. You have up to 6 months to finish each course. Each course has an instructor whom you may communicate with using email.
First time users will need to sign in with their library card number. Then follow the prompts to create a user account. FAQs.