There is a known issue where users logging in to Rosetta Stone via the library's EBSCO platform are not authenticated as library users on Apple (iOS) mobile devices, and are asked to subscribe. We are working with the vendor to resolve the issue. Please use PC, Mac, Chromebook, and Android mobile devices to sign in to Rosetta Stone for free access via the library.
New! Religion and Philosophy Resources
We've made available three new resources on religion and philosophy:
Religions of America Digital Archive: Traces the history and unique character of religious movements that originated in or were re-shaped by the United States during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
Gale OneFile: Religion and Philosophy: Easily search hundreds of publications from scholarly journals, magazines, newsletters, images and other authoritative sources covering various topic on religion and philosophy.
EBSCO Religion and Philosophy Collection: Provides coverage of key theological and philosophical resources spanning over 100 years. Explore hundreds of full-text, scholarly journals and magazines covering many religious and philosophical topics, including world religions, religious history, political philosophy, philosophy of language, and more!
New! Peterson's Career Prep
We are proud to announce access to Gale Presents: Peterson's Career Prep. Highlights:
- Create a Resume: With a simple, fillable form, VisualCV Resume Creator helps users fill out resumes, cover letters and websites. This allows for one to create multiple resumes and provides inspiration and examples of resumes by job opportunity.
- Find a Career: This resource outlines the path users will need to take to get their dream job. It also provides assessments to align your interests, values and personality to provide users with job recommendations.
- Explore Open Jobs: The Job Board finds current, open positions that align with your career recommendations.
- Advice from Experts: This resource features tutorials on career changes, salary negotiations, resume basics and more.
Headspace Accounts Update
There is a limited number of Headspace seats available, spaces will be filled on a first-come, first serve basis. The subscription can be used until the last Friday of each month (or prior weekday if library is closed), when all seats will be cleared. You’re welcome to re-enroll on the 1st of each month! All your personal progress and completed sessions within Headspace will be saved within your personal Headspace account.
The OverDrive App Will Be Removed in 2022; Get to Know Libby, the Library Reading App
The OverDrive App will be removed from the Google, Microsoft and Apple App Stores on February 1, 2022 and OverDrive is working to end support to the OverDrive App by December 2022. We encourage all current users of the OverDrive app to explore the Libby App, OverDrive's new and improved app to access your favorite eMaterials. Find out more about the change and how you can move over to the Libby App here.
New! The Mercury News Online Current Issues
We are pleased to offer access to current (today's) issues of The Mercury News Online. Users may enjoy free access from inside the Library on library-provided computers, as well as, on personal devices connected to the Library's Wi-Fi. In addition, we offer 24-hour or 72-hour remote (home) access. Visit these FAQs for more information.
New! Scholastic Online Services
The library now offers access to additional Scholastic nonfiction eBooks, videos, and more for students age 3-15. Learn more about…
- Watch & Learn Library (ages 3-6): Discover facts about animals, nature, and the world with videos and vocabulary.
- TrueFlix (ages 8-12): Learn about science, history, and social science.
- FreedomFlix (ages 10-14): Explore the events, people and places that have shaped our world.
- ScienceFlix (ages 10-15): Investigate science experiments, articles, interactive videos, and more.
- Scholastic Teachables: Printable, ready-to-use educational materials for ages 4-11.
As previously announced RBdigital was acquired by OverDrive and OverDrive was unable to reach an agreement with Acorn TV and therefore OverDrive announced that Acorn TV would be turned off on Friday, May 14, 2021. All links pertaining to Acorn TV have been removed. You can enjoy additional streaming content through Kanopy. You can also find Acorn TV on DVD.
SimplyE - Known Issue
There's an ongoing issue where eBooks and eAudiobooks from the OverDrive collection may display a "failure to download" error message. There’s a second ongoing intermittent issue regarding audiobooks happening for some iOS users when a WiFi signal is weak, intermittent, or lost. You may get an error on download, or you may experience loss of bookmarks and downloads access to successive chapters. The vendor is aware of these issues and is working on a fix. In the meantime, if you are unable to listen to your audiobook, please restart the audiobook and select the next chapter from the top right menu option if needed. If you are unable to download your ebooks or audiobooks, please check out the Libby app.
Discover & Go Museum Passes
Due to COVID-19 precautions, museums and organizations that usually offer Discover & Go passes have paused providing these free offerings. Museum passes are now gradually becoming available again on a case-by-case basis as public facilities reopen.
To view all current free offerings, please click the "Discover & Go" button available on our Discover & Go page, and then sign in with your card number. Next, click on the “All Attractions” link to see which venues currently participate in Discover & Go. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.