Have one of our friendly staff help you select library material for pickup or special delivery!
The Santa Clara County Library District Bookmobile is a library on wheels with:
- Compact disks
- Large-print book
- Talking Books
- Console Games
The Bookmobile regularly visits designated sites within Santa Clara County.
- Check the route schedule for stop locations and times, or pick up a copy at your local Community Library.
- Bookmobile materials are checked out for a period of two weeks and may be returned to the Bookmobile or any of the libraries in the Santa Clara County Library District.
If you have any questions, comments, or requests, call the Bookmobile Office at (408) 293-2326 ext. 3060.
Home Library Service
Santa Clara County Library District offers free delivery of library services to the homebound residing in our service area. A wide variety of library materials may be selected for a patron, including:
- Music CDs
- Talking books
- Large-print materials
To Apply For This Service:
- Read our Homebound Services Policy page and complete the application provided there.
- Contact the reference desk of the Community Library in your area.
- Our staff will prepare a profile of the type of library materials of interest to the homebound person.
- A library staff member or volunteer will deliver the materials, or they will be mailed with return postage provided.
- Since a limited number of materials may be mailed, the patron may prefer to send someone to pick up materials our staff has selected.
Those who are age 65 or older are exempt from immediate, daily fines. However, if an item is overdue more than 6 weeks it is considered lost, and a non-refundable lost processing fee is charged plus the cost of the item. Once marked as lost at 6 weeks overdue, the $10 lost fee is automatically assessed even if the item is later returned.
Library Services for Those with Print Disabilities
California’s Library Services for People with Print Disabilities, in association with the Library of Congress, provides free Braille and audio books, magazines and playback equipment to all eligible Californians unable to read standard print. Follow the link to find your local braille and talking book library and sign up for free library service.
Braille and Talking Book Library
Borrowers with visual or other disabilities may be eligible to borrow recorded and Braille books and devices from the Braille and Talking Book Library, a branch of the California State Library. You may find out more by calling (toll-free) 1 800.952.5666 or by visiting the reference desk of your local Community Library.
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Through a national network of cooperating libraries, the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped administers a free library program of Braille and audio materials circulated to eligible borrowers in the United States, as well as to eligible U.S. citizens living abroad.