Earn Your Free High School Diploma and Career Certificate
Santa Clara County Library District, in partnership with the California State Library and Gale Cengage Learning, offers adults the opportunity to earn their accredited high school diploma and career certificate through the Career Online High School (COHS) program.
Continue your education online and advance your career!
- Earn an accredited high school diploma in as few as five months.
- Receive a career certificate in one of ten high-growth, high-demand fields.
- Guidance from an academic coach to help you succeed.
- Convenient 24/7 online classroom access.
How Do I Apply?
A limited number of scholarships are available for qualified adults.
How It Works
Step 1: Complete an online self-assessment.
Step 2: Enroll in and complete a prerequisite course in two weeks or less.
Step 3: Schedule a personal interview with library staff.
Qualified Applicants Must
- Be 19 years or older, and have completed at least the 8th grade.
- Have a valid Santa Clara County Library District card.
- Be a resident of the Santa Clara County Library District.
- The Santa Clara Couty Library District consists of: Campbell, Cupertino, Gilroy, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Milpitas, Monte Sereno, Morgan Hill, Saratoga, and all Santa Clara County unincorporated areas.
- If you are NOT a Library District resident, please visit www.careeronlinehs.gale.com to find out if your library is part of the COHS program.
- Be willing to spend about 10 hours a week on coursework to complete all 36 semesters.
- Be comfortable reading, writing, and speaking in English.
- Be comfortable using technology.