Changes Beginning May 1, 2021
As of May 1, 2021, there will be a change in the way Headspace accounts are managed. Beginning May 1, you can enroll for a free subscription to Headspace through SCCLD. The subscription can be used through 8 p.m. (PST) on the last day of each month, when all seats will be cleared. You’re welcome to re-enroll on the 1st of each month! There is a limited number of Headspace seats available, spaces will be filled on a first-come, first serve basis.
If you already have a Headspace account through SCCLD, beginning on April 30, and the last day of every subsequent month, all SCCLD Headspace accounts will be cleared, regardless of whether you have been active or inactive within your account, in order to allow patrons equal opportunity to try Headspace. On the first day of each month, Headspace accounts will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis for the current month. All your personal progress and completed sessions within Headspace will be saved within your personal Headspace account.
Headspace is mindfulness for your everyday life, designed to help you stress less, move more, and sleep soundly – and we’re offering Santa Clara County Library patrons an opportunity to enroll for free.*
* There is a limited number of Headspace seats available, spaces will be filled on a first-come, first serve basis. The subscription can be used through 8 p.m. (PST) on the last day of each month, when all seats will be cleared. You’re welcome to re-enroll on the 1st of each month! All your personal progress and completed sessions within Headspace will be saved within your personal Headspace account.
With over 1000+ hours of themed meditation sessions on everything from stress and sleep to focus and anxiety proven to reduce stress in just 10 minutes a day; mindful movement co-created with Nike and our partner trainers; and sleep guidance, Headspace equips you to take care of your mind.
Interested in experiencing Headspace before enrolling? Check out the below resources:
- Learn about the science behind meditation and mindfulness
- Try a Virtual Meditation in Yosemite Valley with Headspace
- Stressed? Learn to reframe with a short 10-minute meditation
- Fall asleep with a popular Sleepcast: Rainday Antiques
Please Note: You must use a computer browser to enroll and verify your email address, and not a mobile device. Email verification must be done in the same browser as the enrollment submission. Once you have completed enrollment, you may log in to the app on your device. At this time, the Safari Browser does not support signing up for Headspace. Please use an alternative browser like Google Chrome to sign up for an account. After sign up, you are welcome to use your iOS device.
For those of you who are looking for stress relief during this time of uncertainty while our memberships are full, Headspace has unlocked a free “Weathering the Storm” collection with a number of resources at your disposal. Learn more here.