Check Out These Library Apps!
Our Library Mobile App: SCCLD
The new SCCLD Mobile App is now available for download in the App Store and Google Play Store!
Our new library mobile app will be an all-new modern app, designed to bring you an exceptional personalized mobile experience.
- User friendly navigation
- In-app library card
- Easy library account access (place holds, renew checked out items, manage your account)
- Improved relevant, accurate catalog search experience
- Browse new titles, library events and staff lists
- Access library hours, locations and contact information
- The app is available in for download in the App Store and Google Play Store.
- Requires 7.0 Nougat and above
- Apple device with iOS 11 or above
NOTE: The old SCCL mobile app (powered by Boopsie) has been permanently retired and is no longer available for download.
There’s an ongoing intermittent issue happening for some iOS users when a WiFi signal is weak, intermittent, or lost. You may get an error on download, or you may experience loss of bookmarks and downloads access to successive chapters. The vendor is aware of this issue and is working on a fix. In the meantime, if you are unable to listen to your audiobook, please restart the audiobook and select the next chapter from the top right menu option if needed, or check out the Libby app.
Browse, request, and checkout eBooks and audiobooks from most of our content services, combined in one app. Spanish content is also included! SimplyE is available for Android and iOS devices.
Content providers included in SimplyE:
- eBooks: OverDrive, cloudLibrary, and Odilo.
- Audiobooks: OverDrive
- Public domain eBooks are also included.
Native App Features:
- Catalog: Browse eBooks and audiobooks by genre, audience (adult, teen/young adult, and children), and language (English, Español, Chinese).
- My Books: See, read, or return the titles you have checked out.
- Read-alikes and recommendations: Get reading recommendations based on author or title.
- Reservations: See the status of titles you have requested.
- Settings: Change your library, read Frequently Asked Questions, and find the About SimplyE information.
How to Download and Use the App:
- How-To guides for Apple iOS and Android.
- Search for the "SimplyE" app in the Google Play or Apple Store and download.
- Find Your Library: Look for "Santa Clara County Library District"
- When you first borrow or request a title you will be prompted to sign in with your library card number and PIN. SimplyE will save your card.
Find More Apps:
Browse our A-Z Resources for even more apps: