New SCCLD Mobile App Coming Soon!
*Our new library mobile app will be an all-new modern app, designed to bring you an exceptional personalized mobile experience.
- User friendly navigation
- In-app library card
- Easy library account access (place holds, renew checked out items, manage your account)
- Improved relevant, accurate catalog search experience
- Browse new titles, library events & staff lists
- Access library hours & locations
Launch date: Coming Soon!
*NOTE: New app will replace current Boopsie app.
Check Out These Library Apps!
Our App: SCCL -
Note: We're in the process of updating the Library app (Boopsie app) to address some of the functionality issues facing the current app; however, the entire Boopsie app will be replaced soon with an all-new robust app. The Boopsie app will be permanently retired. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Search for a book, manage your account, check out an eBook. Works on most mobile devices.
Native App Features:
- My Account: Sign in with your library card number and PIN to manage your account.
- Search the catalog and place holds: Search the library's holding. Enter a title, author, publisher or keyword.
- Library Locator: Find the library closest to you and find its hours of operation.
- Contact us: Contact library staff by text, phone or email.
- Virtual Library: Search and explore select electronic resources, eBooks, audiobooks, music, magazines, and more.
- Download eBooks and audiobooks: Downloads from OverDrive and Cloud Library are now available. New to eBooks & eAudiobooks? Check out our Get Started guides.
How to Download our App:
- Visit http://sccl.boopsie.com, opens a new window on your Apple, Android, Kindle, or Windows Mobile browser.
- Search for "Santa Clara County Library" or "SCCL" in your application store.
- Visit http://sccl.boopsie.com/v2, opens a new window on all other device browsers.
Browse, request, and checkout eBooks and audiobooks from most of our content services, combined in one app. Spanish content is also included! SimplyE is available for Android and iOS devices.
Content providers included in SimplyE:
- eBooks: OverDrive, cloudLibrary, and Odilo.
- Audiobooks: OverDrive
- Public domain eBooks are also included.
Native App Features:
- Catalog: Browse eBooks and audiobooks by genre, audience (adult, teen/young adult, and children), and language (English, Español, Chinese).
- My Books: See, read, or return the titles you have checked out.
- Read-alikes & recommendations: Get reading recommendations based on author or title.
- Reservations: See the status of titles you have requested.
- Settings: Change your library, read Frequently Asked Questions, and find the About SimplyE information.
How to Download and Use the App:
- How-To guides for Apple iOS and Android.
- Search for the "SimplyE" app in the Google Play or Apple Store and download.
- Find Your Library: Look for "Santa Clara County Library District"
- When you first borrow or request a title you will be prompted to sign in with your library card number and PIN. SimplyE will save your card.
Find More Apps:
Browse our A-Z Resources for even more apps: