The Library is grateful for your donations of money, materials, and memorial gifts.
How You Can Help Your Library
The Library uses the gifts of money to purchase books, magazines, and other library materials and equipment. Donations are tax-deductible. The Federal Tax I.D. number for the Santa Clara County Library District is 35-2345011.
Every Gift Is Important
Cash donations allow the most needed materials to be purchased systematically for the library. This reduces processing costs and provides the strongest collection. Most donated used books are sold by the Friends of the Library and raise funds indirectly.
How to Donate
Gifts of any size are welcome and appreciated.
- Online: Donations can be made online using a credit or debit card, by visiting our Donations Payments page.
- Cash/Check: If you wish to make a gift of money by cash or check, please fill out the Gifts of Money form and return it to any Santa Clara County Library District location.
Many patrons choose to include the library in their wills or trusts. Please call (408) 293-2326 ext. 3003 for more information.
A memorial gift may be used to memorialize a loved one, to celebrate an important occasion in the life of a friend or relative, or to enrich the library's resources.
The Santa Clara County Library District is grateful for your donations of books and other library materials.
Gift additions to the library's collections must meet the same selection criteria as purchased materials. Please see our materials selection policy for further explanation of these criteria. Authors: please see our Guidelines for Authors page.
If donated materials are not added to the library collection, they may be sold at one of the Friends of the Library book sales, unless the donor specifies otherwise. Funds generated by the Friends' book sales financially support the library.
Please check with your community library for specific instructions about what types of materials are useful and for directions where to bring your items.
Many individuals and organizations wish to make contributions to their local community libraries. A gift may be used to memorialize a loved one, to celebrate an important occasion in the life of a friend or relative, or to enrich the library's resources.
- Contributions are used to provide books, magazines, and other useful materials for your community library.
- A bookplate inscribed with the name of the donor and the person honored is placed in each volume purchased with your gift.
- The person honored or the family of the one memorialized is notified of the gift without mention of the amount. Donors receive an official acknowledgement from the Santa Clara County Library.
- Each donation enables groups and individuals to share with the community as well as to mark occasions of recognition and remembrance through a thoughtful and enduring gift to the library.
- Donations are tax-deductible. The Federal Tax I.D. number for the Santa Clara County Library is 35-2345011.
- If you wish to make a memorial gift, please fill out the Memorial Gift Form and return it to one of our Santa Clara County Library District locations.