The Library is grateful for your donations of money, materials, and memorial gifts.
Money | Materials | Memorial Gifts
How You Can Help Your Library
The Library uses the gifts of money to purchase books, magazines, and other library materials and equipment. Donations are tax-deductible. The Federal Tax I.D. number for the Santa Clara County Library District is 35-2345011.
Every Gift Is Important
Cash donations allow the most needed materials to be purchased systematically for the library. This reduces processing costs and provides the strongest collection. Most donated used books are sold by the Friends of the Library and raise funds indirectly.
How to Donate
Gifts of any size are welcome and appreciated.
- Online: Donations can be made online using a credit or debit card, by visiting our Donations Payments page.
- Cash/Check: If you wish to make a gift of money by cash or check, please fill out the Gifts of Money form and return it to any Santa Clara County Library District location, in-person or by mail.
Many patrons choose to include the library in their wills or trusts. Please call (408) 293-2326 ext. 3003 for more information.
A memorial gift may be used to memorialize a loved one, to celebrate an important occasion in the life of a friend or relative, or to enrich the library's resources.
Interested in supporting the Library and associated Library support groups? Learn more here.
The Santa Clara County Library District is grateful for your donations of books and other library materials.
Gift additions to the library's collections must meet the same selection criteria as purchased materials. Please see our materials selection policy for further explanation of these criteria. Authors: please see our Guidelines for Authors page.
If donated materials are not added to the library collection, they may be sold at one of the Friends of the Library book sales, unless the donor specifies otherwise. Funds generated by the Friends' book sales financially support the library.
Some Library Friends groups are accepting book donations:
- Friends of the Cupertino Library - Donation bins open late Tuesday morning to early Thursday afternoon each week. For questions, please email email@example.com.
- Friends of the Gilroy Library - Donations are currently being accepted.
- Friends of the Los Altos Library, opens a new window - Donations are accepted on Wednesdays from 2-4 p.m., and on Saturdays from 10-12 noon. Please bring your books in well-packed, closed boxes to the Friends of the Los Altos Library sheds, which are in the dirt area between the Los Altos Police Department and the Los Altos History Museum, opens a new window.
- Friends of the Milpitas Library, opens a new window - Smaller donations may be deposited in the donation drop slot by the Milpitas Library parking garage elevators on the ground floor. For larger donations, please contact the Friends of the Milpitas Library to make an appointment.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the Friends of the Milpitas Library through Facebook, opens a new window
- Friends of the Morgan Hill Library, opens a new window - Donations are accepted during regular library hours. Please contact the Friends at email@example.com with any questions.
- Friends of the Saratoga Library, opens a new window - Donations are currently accepted at the Friends of the Saratoga Library Book-Go-Round Bookstore, opens a new window.
- The Book-Go-Round is located at 14410 Oak Street, Saratoga, CA 95070.
- Phone: (408) 867-5552
- Saratoga Library - Donations are currently accepted at the Saratoga Library in limited quantities.
- Donations are limited to 2 banker size boxes or 4 grocery bags per person.
- The 24-hour donation slot in the front of the library is available.
- Friends of the Campbell Library
- Donations are accepted during Campbell library open hours
- The temporary location has extremely limited space and we request that you limit donations to no more than two bags a day. If you have a large donation then please send an email to president - at - campbellfol.org so that we can coordinate with you to find a convenient time for you to bring in your donation.
Questions about donations? Please call a reference librarian at (408) 540-3947.
Learn more about how you can support the Library District and associated Library support groups.
Please check with your community library for specific instructions about what types of materials are useful and for directions where to bring your items.
Many individuals and organizations wish to make contributions to their local community libraries. A gift may be used to memorialize a loved one, to celebrate an important occasion in the life of a friend or relative, or to enrich the library's resources.
- Contributions are used to provide books, magazines, and other useful materials for your community library.
- A bookplate inscribed with the name of the donor and the person honored is placed in each volume purchased with your gift.
- The person honored or the family of the one memorialized is notified of the gift without mention of the amount. Donors receive an official acknowledgement from the Santa Clara County Library.
- Each donation enables groups and individuals to share with the community as well as to mark occasions of recognition and remembrance through a thoughtful and enduring gift to the library.
- Donations are tax-deductible. The Federal Tax I.D. number for the Santa Clara County Library is 35-2345011.
- If you wish to make a memorial gift, please fill out the Memorial Gift Form, opens a new window and return it to one of our Santa Clara County Library District locations.