What Is the Library of Things?
Milpitas Library is piloting the Library of Things! Only need to use something once, or want to try something out before you buy? Our "Things" are items and kits you can borrow to save money and space.
- The Library of Things collection is only available at Milpitas Library.
- Things are checked out as a 'Kit'. Each kit will contain a list of contents, resource guide, and any specialized instructions regarding usage, cleaning, etc.
- Library staff will not provide instruction on use of Things.
- Things are borrowed at user’s own risk. Borrowers are responsible for ensuring cleanliness, safety of their own devices, and any other precautions necessary for successful use of Things.
- Things can be viewed in the SCCLD online catalog.
How Can I Check Out Things?
Ask for and check out Things at the Milpitas Library Accounts Desk.
- Things are checked out for 3 weeks.
- Things are no hold, no renewal.
- Things are limited to one item per card.
- You must be 18+ to check out a Thing.
- You must sign the Lending Agreement (waiver) to check out a Thing.
- You must have a full use library card with a verified current address.
Things must be returned to the Accounts Desk at Milpitas Library.
- Do not place Things in library bookdrops.
- Make sure to return with all parts intact and that the items are clean and functional.
Explore the Library of Things
The Omron blood pressure monitor allows anyone to keep track of their health to live their best life.
Light therapy can help improve your mood, focus, sleep, and energy. Enjoy the benefits of this light in your home, office, dorm room, or while traveling.
Non-looping natural soothing sounds. Great to sooth antsy babies, kids, and adults.