The Donation Program enables eligible organizations to acquire Library surplus property for their business and operational needs at no cost. The Donation Program refers to an eligible organization as a "Donee." Eligible Donees must be either a local government agency or demonstrate that they meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a private non-profit organization; and,
- Must currently be working for the public benefit in the Santa Clara County
Any organization that believes it qualifies as a Donee should obtain and review the following information about the Donation Program. This program was established to reduce the cost of storing or scrapping surplus property and to provide needed items to organizations that are statutorily eligible to receive the property at no cost.
The Donee must submit a letter on agency letterhead that identifies the agency as a non-profit organization or public agency. The letter must describe how the property will be used and must be signed by the approving authority requesting the property. Submit the letter to:
Santa Clara County Library District Services & Support Center
1370 Dell Avenue
Campbell, CA 95008
- There is no guarantee that the Library will approve the donation of any surplus property. The County Library will make the final decision.
- There is no guarantee that the Donee will receive the property when more than one Donee has requested the same items. When this occurs, the County Library makes the final decision as to which, if any, Donee(s) will receive the property.
- The Library may make the final decision as to which Donee(s) will receive the property based on a random selection process.
- The quantity of surplus items that may be received by the Donee may be limited to allow other eligible Donees to have access to the items.
If there are any questions, please contact:
Cindy Chow, Procurement Manager
(408)293-2326 ext 3067