Discover & Go, a virtual museum pass program for Santa Clara County Library District cardholders offers library users the ability to reserve admission passes to more than 50 museums and cultural attractions throughout the greater Bay Area.
- Age Limit: Minimum age to reserve a pass is 18.
- Residency requirements: You must live within the library’s service area in order to log in and reserve passes. The site is set up to track a patron’s zip code. If you do not qualify to reserve a pass because your zip code is not in the library’s jurisdiction, we recommend that you try your home library (within your zip code) since many local library systems offer Discover & Go.
- Reserving passes: You can have two active reservations at a time. The pass is non-transferable and only for use by person who made the reservation for date specified.
- Reservations not cancelled: If you reserve a pass and do not use it or cancel the reservation, the unused pass will count towards your limit.
- International languages: Google Translate is now available on Discover & Go, so you may be able to set labels and descriptions in a language of your choice.
- Printed passes and Mobile passes: Most attractions will require that users print their passes in order for the venue to collect the printed passes. The information will be provided on the attraction’s page. If an attraction requires a printed pass, mobile passes will not be accepted.
- Please note a valid identification is required on the day of your visit.
- Geolocation: Under Map View, you have the option to provide your current location so the site can display attractions nearby.
- Searching for attractions: You can search by attractions or locations. In addition, you can apply the filter that lets you search for 3 types of passes
- Free passes
- Discounted passes
- Mobile passes accepted
- Email reminders: You will receive 3 email notifications once a reservation is made. This includes:
- Confirmation email
- Reminder email
- Survey email after visit
- Release of new museum passes: Passes are available 3 months in advance. That includes current month plus 2 additional months. Passes are released at 12 am on the first of each month.
- Replacement Cards: If you were issued a new library card and you need to transfer your current reservation to your new card, please contact support. Be sure to include your old library card number, your new library card number, and your email address. You can also ask for assistance at the Accounts Desk.
- If you have further questions, look at these Discover and Go FAQs, opens a new window.
Discover & Go Available Attractions
de Young, opens a new window - Free every Saturday beginning October 19.
Legion of Honor, opens a new window - Free every Saturday beginning October 19.