You can change the life of an adult in your community by becoming a Reading Program tutor.
In order to become a tutor you must:
- Be 18 years old or older.
- Have an understanding of basic English.
- Be able to communicate well in a student-centered environment.
- Be patient, flexible, and dedicated, and have a sense of humor.
- Be willing to go through a background check.
- Attend Tutor Orientation and Tutor Training.
- Be willing to meet with your student 2 hours a week for 6 months.
Note: Previous tutoring or teaching experience is not required, as we will provide training and resources.
For more information about our program, please read our FAQs.
For Tutor Orientation/Tutor Training dates and registration click here.
For more information, call 408-262-1349.
Want to get involved? Fill out our Volunteer Intake Form, opens a new window.