Have one of our friendly staff help you select library material for pickup or special delivery!
The Santa Clara County Library District Bookmobile is a library on wheels with:
- Compact disks
- Large-print book
- Talking Books
- Console Games
The Bookmobile regularly visits designated sites within Santa Clara County.
- Check the route schedule for stop locations and times, or pick up a copy at your local Community Library.
- Bookmobile materials are checked out for a period of two weeks and may be returned to the Bookmobile or any of the libraries in the Santa Clara County Library District.
If you have any questions, comments, or requests, call the Bookmobile Office at (408) 293-2326 ext. 3060.
BookDash Home Delivery
Do you have difficulty getting to the library due to a family illness, injury, medical condition, or disability? We may have a solution for you!
Santa Clara County Library District is piloting BookDash, a new home delivery service in Gilroy and Los Altos where library materials are delivered to your front door.
Enroll here or by calling (408) 293-2326 ext. 3060 (M-F 8:30AM-5PM).
Once enrolled, you can place holds online: https://sccld.org or by phone: (408) 540-3947 (M-Sa 10AM-6PM). We’ll notify you of your scheduled delivery. Deliveries are made once a month. Due to the pandemic, delivery will be ‘contactless’, and we will arrange a schedule with a delivery window. To return materials, simply leave them outside your door the morning of your scheduled delivery.
See Homebound Services & Library Designee Policy for more information or call (408) 293-2326 ext. 3060 for program eligibility and guidelines.
If you have any questions, please call us and we will be happy to answer them!
Home Library Service
Santa Clara County Library District offers free delivery of library services to the homebound residing in our service area. A wide variety of library materials may be selected for a patron, including:
- Music CDs
- Talking books
- Large-print materials
To Apply For This Service:
- Read our Homebound Services Policy page and complete the application provided there.
- Contact the Bookmobile Department at (408) 293-2326 ext. 3060 (M-F 8:30AM-5PM).
- Our staff will prepare a profile of the type of library materials of interest to the homebound person.
- A library staff member or volunteer will deliver the materials, or they will be mailed with return postage provided.
- Since a limited number of materials may be mailed, the patron may prefer to send someone to pick up materials our staff has selected.
Library Services for Those with Print Disabilities
California’s Library Services for People with Print Disabilities, in association with the Library of Congress, provides free Braille and audio books, magazines and playback equipment to all eligible Californians unable to read standard print. Follow the link to find your local braille and talking book library and sign up for free library service.
Braille and Talking Book Library
Borrowers with visual or other disabilities may be eligible to borrow recorded and Braille books and devices from the Braille and Talking Book Library, a branch of the California State Library. You may find out more by calling (toll-free) 1 800.952.5666 or by visiting the reference desk of your local Community Library.
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Through a national network of cooperating libraries, the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, opens a new window administers a free library program of Braille and audio materials circulated to eligible borrowers in the United States, as well as to eligible U.S. citizens living abroad.