Additional Library Resources
- Crafts on Pinterest
- Early Learning Videos
- Online Library 24/7
- Museum Passes
- Online Parenting Magazines
If you are accessing PressReader from outside the library, click the "Sign In button " in the top, right corner. In the sign in window that comes up click on "Library and Group", then select "Santa Clara County Library District" and enter your Library Card Number and PIN for full access to PressReader.
Spotlight on: Early Learning Enrollment, Santa Clara County Office of Education - provides resources & information for signing up your child for a Pre-K program. Offers a referral program to find a high-quality Preschool, TK, or K program.
- 2-1-1 Santa Clara County - connects to health and human services in Santa Clara County i.e. housing, transportation, education, health, and more.
- American Academy of Pediatrics: healthychildren.org - provides resources on health and wellness for children of all ages i.e. immunizations, childhood development, healthy eating habits, and more. Also available are tools for finding a pediatrician and a symptom checker for illnesses and injuries.
- First 5, Santa Clara County and First 5, Santa Clara County Family Resource Centers - find resources on a variety of topics including early learning, health and development, etc. Locate a Family Resource Center near you, which provides events and services for the whole family.
- ConnectSafely - internet safety tips for parents and children.
- Kids Health for Parents - health information resources for parents, kids, and teens.
- La Madres Neighborhood Playgroups - connect with other parents through a playgroup near you. Registration and membership fee are required.
- Parenting Newsletter from the University of Wisconsin Extension - well-researched resources for parents on childhood development.
- Parents Helping Parents - resources and information for parents with special needs children.
- PBS Parents - activity & play ideas provided by PBS. Also includes articles on a variety of topics of interest to parents.
- Registering for Kindergarten - Santa Clara County Office of Education - brochure in PDF on how to register for Kindergarten (available in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese).
- Santa Clara County Childcare Portal - Santa Clara County Office of Education - This portal can be used by all families to search for safe, licensed childcare and preschool options in Santa Clara County.
- Strong Start of Santa Clara County - provides resources on early childhood education in Santa Clara County. This is an initiative by Santa Clara County Office of Education.
- Too Small To Fail - an action campaign by the Clinton Foundation to promote early brain and language development and to empower parents with tools to talk, read, and sing with their young children from birth.
- TrustLine - in-home child care background check for California.
- Zero to Three Parent Portal- information on early childhood development and well-being, early learning, and parenting.