In accordance with the County Public Health guidelines, opens a new window, face coverings are required at all times while inside meeting rooms.
In keeping with our mission to be an open forum promoting knowledge, ideas, and cultural enrichment, Santa Clara County Library District (SCCLD) makes Community Rooms and Large Meeting Rooms available to external organizations engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, civic, or charitable activities. All programs and meetings must be free and open to the public.
In addition to Community Rooms and Large Rooms, Small and Medium Rooms are available for purposes of meetings, group study, discussion, or projects.
Before You Book
To reserve a room, you must:
- Have a valid SCCLD library card.
- Read and agree to adhere to the usage requirements for the room you are booking. Each Library provides room usage requirements specific to individual rooms, located in the left sidebar menu or on that library's Hours & Locations page in the "Meeting Rooms" section.
- Review the Library's Behavior Standards.
Community Room Reservations
In addition, to reserve a Community Room you must also:
- Read and agree to adhere to SCCLD's Community Room Policy.
- Receive approval for the booking from library staff (see "Eligible Organizations" below).
- Pay a non-refundable fee (per booking) of $25 for up to four (4) hours or $50 for over four (4) hours up to eight (8) hours. Payment must be made in-person within seven (7) days of receiving approval of the reservation.
Eligible Organizations (in priority order)
- Santa Clara County Library District.
- Organizations whose programs are co-sponsored by SCCLD such as Friends of the Library, The Reading Program, etc.
- SCCLD related groups such as Library Commissions, Friends of the Library, or library foundations or endowments.
- City or Santa Clara County sponsored meetings.
- Civic, school, and nonprofit groups presenting programs of public interest.
Need Help Booking a Room?
Community Rooms/Large Rooms
The Santa Clara County Library District uses an online room booking system* for booking Community Rooms/Large Meeting Rooms, Medium Meeting Rooms, and Small Meeting Rooms. Before You Book: You must have a valid SCCLD library card to book a room, as well as read and agree to adhere to any room usage requirements for the room you are booking (go to the Meeting Room page for your local library to find room details and usage requirements). For Community Room bookings, in addition to room usage requirements, you must also read and agree to adhere to the Library's Community Room Policy. The Library's Behavior Standards apply to room all usage. How to Book Online:
- Go to Book a Room @ the Library and select the room you wish to reserve.
- Select the date and start time for your room booking.
- Select your end time from the drop-down menu.
- When you create a new booking, the maximum time available from your start time will display by default; this may be adjusted to a shorter time.
- You may change your start and end times and booking date while in the process of creating your room booking, but not after you submit the booking.
- Press the "Submit Times" button.
- Read and accept the Terms of Service.
- Enter the information required in the online application form.
- Submit your room booking request.
*Room reservation system hosted by SpringShare.
There is a non-refundable fee per booking for the Library's Community Rooms: $25 for up to 4 hours, or $50 for over 4 hours up to 8 hours.
- Acceptable forms of payment are: cash and check.
- The amount due must be paid within seven (7) days of receiving approval for your reservation.
- Payment must be made in-person; mailing in the amount due is not allowed.
Please Note: Small and Medium Meeting Rooms do not require a fee to book.
While in the process of creating your reservation, you may change your room booking start and end times as well as date to other available booking times. Once you've submitted a room booking request, however, only library staff can make changes.
Please contact the library to request a change to your booking time, or to update your contact information. Please request changes to Community Room and Meeting Room reservations as soon as possible. Availability of the room is not guaranteed.
A cancellation link is included in the confirmation notification sent to the email that you provided when you created your room booking. You may also contact the library to request staff to cancel your booking.
If you need to cancel a Community Room reservation, please do so at least two (2) days before the event, or future use may be prohibited. You may cancel a reservation for a small or medium meeting room at any time.
The latest versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari browsers are all fully compatible with the online booking and appointments platform. Earlier versions of these browsers may not be fully compatible. If you are experiencing trouble displaying available times in one of these browsers, please make sure your browser is updated to the most recent version.
Internet Explorer browser is no longer supported. Please use a different browser when making a room reservation, appointment, or passport service appointment. Alternately, if you are using Internet Explorer or an older browser and do not see the booking calendar, click the link provided at the bottom of the description to use a text-based screen-reader accessible page to make your bookings. This link can also be found in the page footer.
When you begin to make an online booking for a room or curbside pickup appointment, the reservation time selected is guaranteed for five minutes to allow you to complete the form. If you navigate away from the form or experience a browser crash, your time slot will remain locked for that time. Please wait the remainder of the five minutes and refresh the page, and your time slot will become available again.