According to an article in the Washington Post citing a recent poll by the Kaiser Family Foundation, "45 percent of adults say the pandemic has affected their mental health, and 19 percent say it has had a "major impact." The rates are slightly higher among women, Hispanic adults and black adults, the survey found." People are stressed about their health, their jobs, and their families. Your library can help.
The library has e-books, downloadable audiobooks, streaming video, online classes, and other resources to help you manage and reduce stress.
- Universal Class offers an online class on Stress Management.
- Kanopy offers the Great Courses videos Stress and Your Body and How to Make Stress Work for You.
- RBdigital offers the Great Courses audiobook versions of these same titles, plus more.
- Health Library by StayWell offers information and advice on managing stress and so much more by leading health information providers, including information about COVID-19.
- Headspace offers themed meditation sessions on a variety of topics including stress reduction.
Here are some titles to help you relieve the stress you are feeling as we shelter in place and deal with a new world order:
Buddha's Book of Stress Reduction