Social and Emotional Development
Social and emotional development includes your child’s expression and management of emotions, positive social and classroom behaviors (paying attention), self-confidence, and their ability to establish positive and rewarding relationships with others. Use our checklist, programs, booklist, eResources, and websites to help prepare your child with the basic skills and concept standards they need to succeed in Kindergarten.
- I take turns, share, and help others.
- I work on staying focused and paying attention for 10-15 minutes at a time.
- I can keep trying, even when I do not know how to do something.
- I enjoy following the rules and helping to make the rules.
- I practice working and playing by myself or in a group.
- I can manage my behavior with help.
- I know ways to calm myself down when I get frustrated.