Get Ready for Kindergarten: Social and Emotional Development
Social and emotional development includes your child’s expression and management of emotions, positive social and classroom behaviors (paying attention), self-confidence, and their ability to establish positive and rewarding relationships with others. Use our checklist, programs, booklist, eResources, and websites to help prepare your child with the basic skills and concept standards they need to succeed in Kindergarten.
- I take turns, share, and help others.
- I stay focused and pay attention for 10-15 minutes at a time.
- I can keep trying, even when I don't know how to do something.
- I enjoy following the rules and helping to make the rules.
- I can work and play by myself or in a group.
- I can manage my behavior with help.
- I can calm myself down when I get frustrated.
Jun 2nd | 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Jun 7th | 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Jun 9th | 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Jun 14th | 6:00pm - 7:30pm