Get Ready for Kindergarten: Science
Science is about figuring out how the world works and children are mini scientists – they are naturally curious about the world around them and learn through experimentation and exploration. Use our checklist, programs, booklist, eResources, and websites to help prepare your child with the basic skills and concept standards they need to succeed in Kindergarten.
- I ask who, what, when, where, why, and how questions.
- I can make predictions about the world around me.
- I know primary colors (red, blue, and yellow).
- I can sort a collection of items into categories.
- I know about the four seasons (spring, summer, fall, and winter).
- I can name the five basic senses (sight, hearing, smell, taste, and touch).