Zoos, aquariums, animal shelters, and more animal-friendly places around the world have set up live cams for online visitors during our stay-at-home time. Need some time with nature? Connect online to see and learn about your favorite animals and their habitats. Come face-to-face (almost) with lions, tigers, bears, elephants, otters, jellyfish and more from the comfort of your home!
Webcams are set up in static locations, so don't worry you don't see anyone right away - the animals may be shy, but you can visit any time during the day. Jump online anytime and bring the wild side inside! Want to learn all about our animal friends? Visit the Kids' Online Library for ebooks, articles, and more.
- Explore.org Live Camsopens a new window: Travel to the African Safari or a tropical reef, peek into a bald eagle nest, see puppies and kittens at animal shelters, and discover many more animal viewing opportunities from all around the world! Presented by Explore.org.
- Houston Zooopens a new window: Live cams of several animal exhibits! Watch the giraffes, gorillas, elephants, leafcutter ants, rhinos, and chimps go about their day. Available 5am-5pm (7am-7pm Central).
- Monterey Bay Aquariumopens a new window: Camp out with live cams of various sea life and habitats, including otters, penguins, jellyfish, the kelp forest, the Monterey Bay shoreline, and many more! Monterey Bay Aquarium also provides photos, facts, and moreopens a new window about the animals, fish, plants, and habitats found in our oceans.
- Oakland Zooopens a new window: Visit the elephants, sun bears, black bears, and condors of the Oakland Zoo through the live cams, and learn a little about each animal shown and their habitats. Explore even more facts about the animals of the Oakland Zooopens a new window!
- San Diego Zooopens a new window: Live cams of various habitats, including apes, baboons, condors, elephants, giraffes, koalas, owls, pandas, penguins, polar bears, and tigers. Storiesopens a new window from around the zoo, activitiesopens a new window such as coloring pages, crafts, and more, and fun Flash gamesopens a new window can also be found on the San Diego Zoo website.