For assistance with renewing items, please call 408-540-3945 Monday – Saturday from 10:00 am – 6 pm.
- Most items may be renewed five times. See our Loan Periods and Fees webpage for details, including charts specifying the number of times items can be renewed. See the "Renewals" column.
- Items with holds cannot be renewed.
- If you owe $50 or more, you will not be able to renew, but staff can help you renew. Call 408-540-3945, Monday – Friday from 10:00 am – 6 pm.
- Starting Dec 1, 2020, the system will attempt to automatically renew eligible items on the due date. If you owe $50 or more, the system will be unable to automatically renew your items. A notice is sent afterwards to indicate which items were able to be renewed and which items could not be renewed.
- Limitations may be placed on specific types of materials.
- New due dates are calculated from the date of renewal, not from the original due date.
Ways To Renew
- Login to your My Account page with your username or library card number and PIN.
- Check the checkbox next to the titles you want to renew.
- Click the Renew Selected button.
Renew by Phone
Use TeleCirc (Automated Phone System), available 24 hours a day at 1-800-471-0991 within the Greater Bay Area.
- Dial 1-800-471-0991 on a touch tone phone.
- Choose Renewals option (# 5)
- Enter your library card number (which must start with 233... )
- Enter your PIN
- Select one of the following ways to renew your items:
- Renew one item (requires entry of item barcode number)
- Renew all current items
- List all items out
- You will be given title and new due date or told if an item cannot be renewed.
Renew in Person
- Bring the item(s) and your library card to the Accounts Desk at your library and we will renew them for you.
- Items may also be renewed at the library on the Self Check Out Machines with your library card and PIN.
Please contact Circulation Services for questions regarding renewals.
- Phone: 408-540-3945 Monday – Friday from 10:00 am – 6 pm.
- Email: email@example.com