For assistance with renewing items, please call your local library during their open hours, or call Circulation Services at 1-800-286-1991 Monday – Friday from 8:30am – 5:00pm.
- Most items may be renewed three times. See Loan Periods and Fines for details.
- Items with holds cannot be renewed.
- Limitations may be placed on specific types of materials.
- Circulating Reference materials cannot be renewed.
- If you renew an overdue item, you will be charged for the number of days the item is overdue.
- If you owe $20 or more, you will not be able to renew.
- New due dates are calculated from the date of renewal, not from the original due date.
The following provides ways to renew:
- Login to your My Account page with your username or library card number and PIN.
- Check the checkbox next to the titles you want to renew.
- Click the Renew Selected button.
Renew by Phone
Use TeleCirc (Automated Phone System), available 24 hours a day at 1-800-471-0991 within the Greater Bay Area.
- Dial 1-800-471-0991 on a touch tone phone.
- Choose Renewals option (# 5)
- Enter your library card number (which must start with 233... )
- Enter your PIN
- Select one of the following ways to renew your items:
- Renew one item (requires entry of item barcode number)
- Renew all current items
- List all items out
- You will be given title and new due date or told if an item cannot be renewed.
Renew in Person
- Bring the item(s) and your library card to the Accounts Desk at your library and we will renew them for you.
- Items may also be renewed at the library on the Self Check Out Machines with your library card and PIN.