For assistance with renewing items, please call your local library during their open hours, or call Circulation Services at 1-800-286-1991 Monday – Friday from 8:30am – 5:00pm.
- Most items may be renewed five times. See our Loan Periods and Fines webpage for details, including charts specifying the number of times items can be renewed. See the "Renewals" column.
- Items with holds cannot be renewed.
- Limitations may be placed on specific types of materials.
- Circulating Reference materials cannot be renewed.
- If you renew an overdue item, you will be charged for the number of days the item is overdue.
- If you owe $20 or more, you will not be able to renew.
- New due dates are calculated from the date of renewal, not from the original due date.
Ways To Renew
- Login to your My Account page with your username or library card number and PIN.
- Check the checkbox next to the titles you want to renew.
- Click the Renew Selected button.
Renew by Phone
Use TeleCirc (Automated Phone System), available 24 hours a day at 1-800-471-0991 within the Greater Bay Area.
- Dial 1-800-471-0991 on a touch tone phone.
- Choose Renewals option (# 5)
- Enter your library card number (which must start with 233... )
- Enter your PIN
- Select one of the following ways to renew your items:
- Renew one item (requires entry of item barcode number)
- Renew all current items
- List all items out
- You will be given title and new due date or told if an item cannot be renewed.
Renew in Person
- Bring the item(s) and your library card to the Accounts Desk at your library and we will renew them for you.
- Items may also be renewed at the library on the Self Check Out Machines with your library card and PIN.
Please contact Circulation Services for questions regarding renewals.
- Phone: 1-800-286-1991, Monday thru Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, phone a specific library within open hours Monday through Sunday.