Policies and Procedures
The Library has a Community Room that is used primarily for library-sponsored programs and events. Community groups are permitted and encouraged to use the Community Room for cultural, educational, and recreational programs when such use does not conflict with programs sponsored by the Library.
Meetings must be free and open to the public.
No fees can be charged and rooms are not available for private or commercial use.
Full-text of the Santa Clara County Library District (SCCLD) Community Room Policy can be viewed on our website.
Eligible organizations (in priority):
- Library programs.
- Library related groups such as Library Commission, Friends of the Library, Reading Program, etc.
- Civic, school and nonprofit groups presenting programs of public interest.
- Other groups not included above and not excluded by the County Procedures Manual.
The following are NOT permitted in Santa Clara County Libraries:
- Admission fees. Organizational dues may be collected but cannot be required for attendance.
- Smoking or alcoholic beverages
- Posting or hanging anything on the walls or doors
- High voltage equipment
- The room seats a maximum of 92. The room can be divided to host 2 programs of 34 and 58 people.
- Groups of less than 10 participants cannot reserve the room.
- Groups are responsible for setting up any tables and chairs and returning them to their original position at the end of the program.
- Equipment available includes: podium, whiteboard, sink, 8 tables, 75 chairs, WiFi Internet access, projector and screen. Not all these items are available if the room is divided for use by 2 different groups at the same time.
- $25 (non-refundable) fee for up to four hours, or $50 (non-refundable) fee for over four hours up to eight hours, per booking.
- Payable in person by cash or check, made out to the Morgan Hill Library. The fee is due within 7 days of receiving approval for the booking.
- Reservations are taken no more than 90 days in advance but not less than 24 hours before the requested date and time.
- Use the online booking system provided on the Morgan Hill Meeting Room page to request to reserve the Community Room. Your reservation request will be reviewed by library staff for compliance with our policies, and you will be sent a follow-up email notification when your reservation is approved or denied.
- The room is available to any group once per month. A representative of the group must read the SCCLD Community Room Policy, complete the online application, and pay the fee. The representative commits the organization or group to following the policy and assumes responsibility for any damages to the Library. The group representative who makes the online booking must be present at the program.
- The reservation time should include set-up and cleanup time.
- A completed online application and payment of the fee confirms the reservation.
- All publicity for programs must include a contact phone number other than that of the Morgan Hill Library and must not imply that the Library is sponsoring the program.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel a reservation with reasonable notice.
- At the time of the reservation, the group should inform staff what equipment is needed.
- Notify staff at the Information Desk that your group has arrived.
- Only the individual whose name was used during the time of the reservation will be able to access the Community Room.
- Groups will not be allowed into the Community Room before their scheduled time.
- The group is responsible for arranging the chairs and tables before the meeting. The room must be arranged so that there is ample access to exits.
- Groups must leave the Community Room at the scheduled time.
- The room must be left clean and in the same or better condition than which it was found.
Permission to use the Community Room is granted on the condition that all rules are followed.