Santa Clara County Library District is cancelling all group events/meetings at our eight libraries until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Full refunds will be issued for room booking cancellations starting Sat, Mar 7. If you have questions about your refund, please email the Community Librarian pertaining to the location of your reservation.
Check back on sccld.org, opens a new window for the latest updates and to discover the many online services and resources, opens a new window we offer. To find updates about COVID-19, please visit the County of Santa Clara’s Public Health Department: sccgov.org/sites/phd, opens a new window
All room bookings are unavailable until further notice.
Looking for some meeting space?
Community groups are invited to use the Auditorium, Group Study Rooms, and Reading Rooms at the Milpitas Library!
When booking the Auditorium for use, there are certain meetings that are not open to the public, such as Library and City staff meetings, interviews, training sessions, and the like. All other programs and meetings must be free and open to the public.
Eligible Organizations (in priority order)
- Santa Clara County Library District
- Organizations whose programs are co-sponsored by SCCLD (Friends of the Library, The Reading Program, etc.)
- SCCLD related groups such as Library Commissions, Friends of the Library or library foundations or endowments
- City or Santa Clara County sponsored meetings
- Civic, school and nonprofit groups presenting programs of public interest
Making a Reservation
Before making your reservation, you must read and agree to adhere to the Library's Community Room Policy and Behavior Standards, as well as any room usage requirements for the room you are booking. You must have a valid SCCLD library card to book a room.
If you need to change the time or date of your reservation, please contact the adult reference desk in-person or at (408) 262-1171.
Reserve the Auditorium
Milpitas Library's community room, called the Auditorium, is available for use by public groups. It includes a stage, and tables and chairs can be set up. Please review the Auditorium Usage Requirements and Community Room Policy before making a reservation.
- The Auditorium may be reserved by groups of 10-120 people.
- The Auditorium may be reserved up to 90 days in advance.
- A group may book the Auditorium no more than one day per month.
- The maximum booking duration on a single day is 8 hours.
- There is a non-refundable fee per booking for the Auditorium.
- There is a non-refundable fee per booking for the Auditorium: $25 for 4 or fewer hours, or $50 for more than 4 hours.
- Acceptable forms of payment are: cash and check.
- Checks should be made payable to the Milpitas Public Library, or to Santa Clara County Library.
- The amount due must be paid within 7 days of receiving the approval for your reservation.
- Payments may be made in-person. Mailing in the amount due is not allowed.
Reserve a Group Study Room
Milpitas Library provides two medium-size meeting rooms. One booking may be made per day. Please review the Group Study Room Usage Requirements before making a reservation.
- Group Study Rooms may be used by groups of 4 to 12 people.
- Group Study Rooms may be reserved once per day, up to 30 days in advance.
- The Collaboration Station is available upon request for usage in Group Study Room A; please inquire at the Accounts Desk in the Lobby upon check-in.
Reserve a Reading Room
Milpitas Library provides two small meeting rooms. Please review the Reading Room Usage Requirements before making a reservation.
- Reading Rooms may be used by groups of 1 to 4 people.
- Reading Rooms may be reserved once per day, up to 7 days in advance.
- Whiteboards are available in the Reading Rooms; please inquire about dry-erase markers and accessories at the Accounts Desk in the Lobby upon check-in.
If you need to cancel a reservation, please do so at least two days before the event, or future use may be prohibited. A room booking can be cancelled by using the link provided in the booking confirmation email sent to you upon the reservation of the room, or by contacting Milpitas Library's adult reference desk in-person or at (408) 262-1171.
After reviewing the Program Policy, please fill out this application to propose that the library sponsor an event that you (or your team) offer, to be held at the library. Due to the high volume of program applications we receive, we may only contact you if we may be interested in partnering with you on a future program/event. Thank you for your interest in library-sponsored events.
To see all library rooms available for reservation, visit Book a Room @ the Library.