Santa Clara County Library District is cancelling all group events/meetings at our eight libraries until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Full refunds will be issued for room booking cancellations starting Sat, Mar 7. If you have questions about your refund, please email the Community Librarian pertaining to the location of your reservation.
Check back on sccld.orgopens a new window for the latest updates and to discover the many online services and resourcesopens a new window we offer. To find updates about COVID-19, please visit the County of Santa Clara’s Public Health Department: sccgov.org/sites/phdopens a new window
All room bookings are unavailable until further notice.
Looking for some meeting space?
Community groups are invited to use Los Altos Library's Community Room, known as the Orchard Room.
When booking the Orchard Room for use, there are certain meetings that are not open to the public, such as Library and City staff meetings, interviews, training sessions, and the like. All other programs and meetings must be free and open to the public.
Eligible Organizations (in priority order)
- Santa Clara County Library District
- Organizations whose programs are co-sponsored by SCCLD (Friends of the Library, The Reading Program, etc.)
- SCCLD related groups such as Library Commissions, Friends of the Library or library foundations or endowments
- City or Santa Clara County sponsored meetings
- Civic, school and nonprofit groups presenting programs of public interest
The room is available for reservations on:
- Fridays: 5pm - 11pm
- Saturdays: 10am - 11pm
- Sundays: 10am - 11pm
Groups using the Orchard Room after 7pm need to arrive before 6:45pm.
Making a Reservation
Before making a reservation you must read and agree to adhere to the Library's Community Room Policy and Behavior Standards, as well as the room usage requirements for the room you are booking. You must have a valid SCCLD library card to book a room.
Community groups of 10 to 100 people are permitted and encouraged to use the Orchard Room for cultural, educational, and recreational programs when such use does not conflict with the programs sponsored by the Library. Please review the Orchard Room Usage Requirements before making a reservation.
- Groups of 10 to 100 people may book the Orchard Room.
- The Orchard Room may be booked up to 90 days in advance.
- A group may book the Orchard Room once per 30 days.
- The maximum booking duration on a single day, subject to availability, is 8 hours.
- There is a non-refundable fee per booking for the Orchard Room.
- Groups using the Orchard Room after 7pm need to arrive before 6:45pm.
- There is a non-refundable fee per booking for the Orchard Room: $25 for up to 4 hours or $50 for over 4 hours up to 8 hours.
- The fee is payable by cash or check made out to Los Altos Library or Santa Clara County Library.
- Payment must be made within 7 days of approval of the room booking.
To cancel a booking, please use the cancellation link provided in the booking confirmation email or contact the Accounts Desk at (650) 948-7683.
After reviewing the Program Policy, please fill out this application to propose that the library sponsor an event that you (or your team) offer, to be held at the library. Due to the high volume of program applications we receive, we may only contact you if we may be interested in partnering with you on a future program/event. Thank you for your interest in library-sponsored events.
To see all library rooms available for reservation, visit Book a Room @ the Library.