All Woodland Library Services Temporarily Suspended as of Tue, Oct 13
In the interest of health and safety, all services at Woodland Library will be temporarily suspended starting October 13, until a time when it is safe to reopen to the public.
Woodland Library is a small facility that poses safety concerns in an age of COVID. With the number of returned materials that need to be quarantined for up to 4–5 days, there is insufficient room for this while safely conducting curbside services. Staff from Woodland Library will be reassigned during this period to the Los Altos Library or another SCCLD location. Please carefully check your holds notification to see if your holds are available at the Woodland or Los Altos Library for pick up. Learn More.
Thank you for your understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Cooling Centers Available: Hot Weather Safety
New Service Pilots Started Monday, Sep 21: Lobbies and Computers
SCCLD will pilot new library services at specific locations.
Limited Lobby Service:
We offer lobby services at the Gilroy, Milpitas and Morgan Hill Libraries during curbside hours. This includes:
- Holds pick up
- Grab and go books and movies available for checkout
- Self-check machines (you will need library card number and PIN)
- Limited visitors
- 10-minute visits
- No appointment needed. First-come, first-served.
- Social distancing including the use of face coverings, using hand sanitizer when entering and exiting, and maintaining 6 feet distance from others is required.
Computer and Printing Service:
We offer limited computer and printing services at the Gilroy and Saratoga Libraries during curbside hours. This includes:
- Advanced reservation required
- To make an appointment, visit sccld.org/reserve or contact a librarian, Monday – Saturday, 10am-6pm.
- Full access to the Internet, library computer software, and printing
- One computer session per person per day.
- Computer sessions begin on the hour, and last 50 minutes (e.g. 1:00-1:50pm).
- No extensions for late arrival or other reasons.
- No computer support available.
- No scanning, copying, or faxing.
- Library card number and PIN required (Limited card will be issued if you do not have a library card).
- Free printing: 25 pages maximum.
- Files cannot be saved to the computer. Please email to yourself or save to a flash drive.
- All print jobs must be sent to printer before the end of your computer session (e.g. by 1:45pm).
Audiobook Service Change
- The RBdigital audiobook collection was migrated to the OverDrive platform on September 16. Please click here if you were an RBdigital audiobook user.
Free Wi-Fi Internet Now Available in Library Parking Lots
- On Hold and Checked Out items may not be displaying or displaying intermittently. We’ve reported the issue to our vendor and they are working to resolve the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Lightning Complex Wildfires, Community Information - County of Santa Clara
- The Office of Emergency Management - County of Santa Clara
- Wildfire Emergency Notifications - City of San Jose
- AlertSCC - Sign Up For Alerts - County of Santa Clara
- Cal Fire - State of California
- AirNow.Gov (U.S. Air Quality Index: Fires)
Library Services: Updates
All SCCLD Libraries remain closed to the public, and this page describes the services currently available to the community. The Library offers enhanced online content as well as limited in person services (described below). All eight Santa Clara County Library (SCCLD) locations offer contactless curbside services Monday - Saturday (see hours schedule), to pick up holds. Returned items are quarantined for multiple days to protect the health and safety of both Library staff and patrons. Please allow 10 days for returned items to be removed from your account. No late fines are incurred for any items returned.
Curbside services are continuously evolving with the changing state and county health and safety protocols. Currently, many library staff are serving as Santa Clara County Disaster Service Workers and contact tracers to fulfill this critical need in the County. The Library District is exploring what services we can safely and effectively offer with a smaller team. At this time, no public libraries in the state are fully open to the public. Unlike retail stores, the Library has thousands of items going out daily and even more items returning which requires more space and safety protocols.
For students who will be distance learning in the Fall, the Library offers a wide variety of online study, research and entertainment resources. The SCCLD Student eAccount offers all public school students in our District free access to digital sources and ebooks for homework help and fun reads!
Don’t forget, our online library is available to you 24/7 from the comfort of your home anywhere you have an internet connection. And speaking of internet connection, Santa Clara County Library District has added free Wi-Fi in the parking lots of the Campbell, Cupertino, Gilroy, Los Altos, Milpitas, Morgan Hill and Saratoga Libraries.
To view the many resources and services available, please visit our homepage and explore our website, www.sccld.org
Curbside Service Is Available
Curbside Service is available at all eight Library locations Monday-Saturday and offers the following three contactless services:
|Curbside Holds Pickup
Staff will deliver your holds to the trunk of your car by appointment.
|Walkup Holds Pickup
Staff will leave your holds on a table outside the library and we're testing lobby service at limited locations. No appointment needed.
You can return library materials into library book drops at all hours, seven days a week (24/7). Please allow up to 10 days for the returns to complete quarantine plus processing, before they are removed from your account. No late fines are incurred on any materials that are returned at this time.
Should there be service offering changes, those changes will be posted to the Curbside Service web-page. Please visit that page for the latest information.
How Do I Schedule to Pick Up Holds?
- Place items on hold* at sccld.org or call (408) 540-3947 for assistance.
- Once you receive confirmation that your holds are available, make an appointment at sccld.org/curbside or call us at (408) 540-3947.
- Visit the library during your appointment time to pick up your holds. Enjoy!
* If you’ve already received confirmation that your holds are available, skip step 1.
Contact the Library
Resources for Distance Learning
- For students K-12 and adult learners, we have free online tutoring available
- SCCLD offers a wide variety of online study, research and entertainment resources for all ages
Resources for Job and Career Development
- We offer resources for people looking to start, change or advance their careers
- Online, live help with resumes, job interviews and career assessments
- Great Courses, Learning Express and much more.
Read, Watch, Listen and Relax
The library has a robust collection of:
Now Available from the Online Library
- Helpful video tutorials on how to use the online resources
- A full array of storytime activities for families including bilingual Spanish/English and Mandarin/English
- Adulting 101 videos for Teens
- Virtual Book Clubs for all ages
- Online ESL Conversation Club
- Chat/Phone support for reference and account questions Mon-Sat 10am-6pm
Holds and Returns
- Current holds on physical materials will be available through Curbside Services. New holds are now being accepted.
- Book drops are available at all libraries, seven days a week, at all hours (24/7), for returning materials. Please do not leave returns on the walkup table.
- There are currently no late fines on items returned.
- Please allow up to 10 days for the returns to complete quarantine plus processing, before they are removed from your account.
Don't Have a Library Card? Get One Online Today!
If you do not have a library account with us and live within Santa Clara County, you can apply for an eCard from the website. If approved, the eCard gives you instant access to the entire online library.
The library is not currently accepting book donations at this time. Learn more about how you can support the Library District and associated Library support groups.
Stay Informed from Official Sources
Stay informed. Information is changing frequently. Check and subscribe to Public Health's website and social media pages: Public Health Website: http://sccphd.org/coronavirus
For important information about COVID-19 please visit:
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.