Important Information from the Library
The safety of library patrons and staff is Santa Clara County Library District’s top priority, and due to the COVID-19 situation, our libraries are closed and Bookmobile services suspended until a time that warrants reopening. We hope that you are safe, healthy and following the instructions from the Public Health Department.
Don’t forget, our online library is available to you 24/7 from the comfort of your home or anywhere you have an internet connection.
Curbside Service Is Now Available
Curbside Service is available at all eight Library locations Monday-Saturday, 1pm-5pm, and offers the following three contactless services:
|Curbside Holds Pickup
Staff will deliver your holds to the trunk of your car.
|Walkup Holds Pickup
Staff will leave your holds on a table outside the library.
You can return library materials into special bins.
How Do I Schedule to Pick Up Holds?
- Place items on hold* at sccld.org or call (408) 540-3947 for assistance.
- Once you receive confirmation that your holds are available, make an appointment at sccld.org/curbside or call us at (408) 540-3947.
- Visit the library during your appointment time to pick up your holds. Enjoy!
* If you’ve already received confirmation that your holds are available, skip step 1.
Summer Reading has Arrived!
Dig Deeper: Read, Investigate, Discover is the theme for Summer Reading Program 2020. Dig below the surface and discover everything from the science of everyday things, to envisioning the future, discovering other cultures, peering into nature and the environment, delving into the unknown and exploring a treasure of knowledge! Join us for an exciting array of online programs for children, teens, and adults!
Sign up today—Read 5 books and complete some fun discovery and investigation activities between June 1 – July 31 and earn a prize.
Lunch at the Library
SCCLD will be offering Lunch at the Library starting Monday, June 8. Prepackaged grab and go meals (2 per person) will be available for children ages 2-18 and their caregivers at the following locations:
- Gilroy Library: Mon, Wed, Fri from 12-1pm
- Morgan Hill Library: Mon, Wed, Fri from 11am-1pm
Now Available from the Online Library
- Summer Reading Program events for all ages
- Helpful video tutorials on how to use the online resources
- A full array of storytime activities for families
- Storytime Mon-Sat on Facebook LIVE including bilingual Spanish/English and Mandarin/English
- Adulting 101 videos for Teens
- Virtual Book Clubs for all ages
- Kanopy Virtual Film Club for adults
- Online ESL Conversation Club
- Virtual STEAM programs for kids
- Chat/Email/Phone support for reference and account questions Mon-Sat 10am-6pm
Resources for Job and Career Development
- We offer resources for people looking to start, change or advance their careers
- Online, live help with resumes, job interviews and career assessments
- Great Courses, Learning Express and much more.
Read, Watch, Listen and Relax
The library has a robust collection of:
Don't have a Library Card - Get one Online
If you do not have a library account with us and live within Santa Clara County, you can apply for an eCard from the website. If approved, the eCard gives you instant access to the entire online library.
Holds and Returns
- Current holds on physical materials will be available through Curbside Services. New holds are now being accepted.
- Special book bins are available at all libraries during curbside service hours (Monday through Saturday from 1-5 p.m.) for returning materials. Please do not use the traditional book drop-off bins and do not leave returns on the walkup table.
- Due dates have been extended and there are currently no late fines on items returned.
- Please note, returns will be removed from your account after 3-4 days to allow the return items to go through a 72-hour quarantine before processing.
The library is not currently accepting book donations at this time. Learn more about how you can support the Library District and associated Library support groups.
Stay Informed from Official Sources
Stay informed. Information is changing frequently. Check and subscribe to Public Health's website and social media pages: Public Health Website: http://sccphd.org/coronavirus
For important information about COVID-19 please visit:
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.