Groups are permitted and encouraged to use the Community Room for cultural, educational, and recreational program when such use does not conflict with Library-sponsored programs. All programs must be free and open to the public unless they are Library, County, or City staff meetings.
The individual making the room reservation is hereafter known as the "Responsible User."
Permission to use the Community Room is granted on the condition that all rules are followed. Permission may be revoked for failure to do so, in which case the organization responsible will be assessed for any damages.
Eligible Organizations (in priority order):
- Santa Clara County Library District (SCCLD).
- SCCLD related groups (Library Commissions, Friends of the Library, The Reading Program, etc.).
- City of Gilroy or County of Santa Clara meetings.
- Civic, school and nonprofit groups presenting programs of public interest.
- Other groups not included above and not excluded by the SCCLD Community Room policy.
To propose a library-sponsored event, please submit a completed Program Applicationopens a new window to Gilroy Library staff.
- There is a non-refundable fee per booking: $25 for four (4) or fewer hours, or $50 for more than four (4) hours, up to a maximum of 7.5 hours.
- Checks must be made payable to the Gilroy Public Library or Santa Clara County Library District.
- Payment must be made in-person; the amount due cannot be mailed in.
- Payment must be made within seven (7) days of the approval of the reservation; failure to comply will result in cancellation of the reservation.
- The Community Room can accommodate up to 100 people.
- Conversely, groups or meetings must consist of at least 10 people.
- The equipment available for use are: 60 stackable chairs, 10 folding tables, dry erase board, sink, podium, projection screen (screen only, no projector use), and wireless Internet access. NOTE: Staff are not available to assist with furniture arrangement or clean up.
- A group may book the Community Room no more than one day per month
- The maximum booking duration on a single day is 7.5 hours
- A representative of the group must hold a valid SCCLD library card, read the Community Room and Behavior Standards policies, complete the online Booking Application, and pay the fee. Since the representative commits the organization or group to following this policy and assumes responsibility for any damages to the Library, they should be someone whose standing in the organization carries this authority.
- The reservation time should include set-up and cleanup time.
- At the time of the booking, the group should inform staff what equipment is needed.
- An approved booking and payment of the fee confirms the reservation.
- In consideration of others, if you need to cancel your reservation please do so as soon as possible by using the cancellation link provided in the confirmation email, or by contacting the Gilroy Library at (408) 842-8207.
- If a group must cancel, the Library needs at least two (2) days notice or future use may be prohibited.
- The individual who made the reservation will be given access to the Community Room and must check-in with staff at the upstairs Information Desk.
- Groups will not be allowed into the Community Room before their scheduled time.
- The group is responsible for arranging the chairs and tables with ample access to exits.
- Placing nails, screws, thumbtacks, staples, tape, adhesives, or signs on the walls, doors, or other surfaces is not permitted.
During the Program:
- Food is not permitted in the Community Room. Please eat your food in the ground floor Lobby. Individual lidded beverages are allowed.
- Open flames of any kind and high voltage equipment are not permitted.
- Noise level must be appropriate for a Library.
Cleanup and Exiting:
- Groups must leave the Community Room at the scheduled time in the same or better condition in which it was found and furniture in their original positions.