Library Access & Curbside Holds Pickup
Available Monday - Saturday
Find Your Library's Schedule:
|Library||Hours and Times|
|Cupertino, Gilroy, Los Altos, Milpitas, Morgan Hill, & Saratoga||Mon-Sat 1-6pm library access, 3-5pm curbside.|
|Campbell||Mon-Sat 1-6pm walk up, 3-5pm curbside.
(Walk-up and curbside holds pickup options. No library access.)
Curbside service will not be offered after May 8, and the library will be closed May 9-24. Beginning May 24, holds will only be available in the new, temporary Campbell Library facility, during open hours. Learn more.
|Woodland||Services are not available at Woodland Branch. Learn More.|
Curbside Holds Pickup
Please DO NOT make a curbside appointment until you have received a hold notification from the library, saying that your holds are ready for pickup. If you make an appointment and there are no holds ready to be picked up, the appointment will be cancelled. For the Library or walkup holds pickup service, your holds will not be available until you have received a hold notification from the library, saying that your holds are ready for pickup.
How Does Curbside Holds Pickup Work?
- Visit your pickup location during your scheduled appointment.
- Follow the signs to the Curbside Holds Pickup.
- When you arrive, park in one of the Curbside Holds Pickup spaces, if available.
- Call the number listed on the sign and provide your name, appointment time, make/model/color of your car, and let them know you are there for a curbside appointment.
- Staff will deliver your holds to the trunk of your car by appointment.
- Please wear a face covering if you get out of your car or if you have your windows down to speak with staff. Thank you.
How Does Expanded Library Access Work?
- No appointment is needed for Library access, Monday-Saturday from 1pm-6pm (see schedule chart, above).
- Face coverings and maintaining six foot distance from others is required to enter.
- You can find your holds, browse the expanded Library spaces, pick up an available book bundle if desired, use the self-check machine to check out, and use the public computers and printers. Enjoy!
- Please limit your visit and computer use to one hour maximum.
- All materials should be returned in Library's book drop.
How Do I Return Library Materials?
- You do not need an appointment to return items.
- Returned material may be placed in the manual book drop at each library, which is open 24/7. Please do not leave them in the lobby.
- Face coverings and maintaining 6 foot distance from others is required.
- Please allow several days for the returns to be removed from your account.
What Steps Do I Follow?
- Step One:
Place items on hold at sccld.org, or call (408) 540-3947 for assistance (phone call hours: Monday through Saturday from 10am-6pm).
- Step Two:
Once you receive confirmation that your holds are available, make a curbside appointment online, or make an appointment by calling us at (408) 540-3947. Skip "Step Two" if you prefer to use the Expanded Library Access (no appointment needed).
- Step Three:
Visit the library Monday-Saturday (see schedule chart, above), to pick up your holds. Enjoy!
How Do I Make an Appointment?
- Choose the library where your items are being held, from the list of libraries below.
- Select any available appointment time, up to ten days in advance of the current date, within Monday-Saturday (see schedule chart, above).
- Please note: Only one appointment is needed to arrange holds pickup for multiple library accounts.
- If you need assistance or would like to schedule an appointment by phone, please call (408) 540-3947, Monday through Saturday from 10am-6pm (phone call hours).