Cupertino Library provides a community meeting room located on the first floor of the Library, for small groups of 1 to 8 people to use for purposes of group study, discussions or projects. Reservations are made online and can be booked up to seven days in advance.
Library services and programs have priority for the use of the rooms. The Library reserves the right to modify or cancel reservations with reasonable notice based on the operational needs of the Library.
Commercial uses and advertising, donations, raffles, collections, fees, or other sales are prohibited, except as provided by this policy, including use by an individual or any organization making sales or solicitations for any type of product or service, including nonprofit community groups and for-profit or private business organizations.
The Library’s contact information cannot be used as an official address for any individual or organization using the group study rooms.
Groups must read and adhere to this policy. If not otherwise specified, the Torre Meeting Room is subject to the SCCLD Community Room Policy.
Regulations for Community Meeting Room
- The Torre Meeting Room may only be used by groups of at least 1 and not more than 8 people. If staff observe the room being used by more than 8 people, those people may be asked to leave.
- The Torre Meeting Room is available for reservation in 15 minute increments, for a maximum of one hour. Reservations can be made up to seven days in advance.
- Groups are requested to limit their reservations to once per day. If the same group makes more than one reservation in a day’s time, subsequent reservations may be cancelled. The same restriction applies to multiple members of the same group; please do not make multiple reservations using different library cards on the same day.
- Groups are expected to cancel room reservations that are no longer needed. Reservations can be cancelled online. Groups that are more than 15 minutes late will lose their reservation.
- Each group must have at least one person who is a registered Santa Clara County Library District cardholder and will present his/her Library card at the Children’s Reference Desk on the first floor of the library. This person is the "responsible user."
- The responsible user needs to check in at the Children’s Reference Desk on the first floor of the library at the start of their reserved time. The room will not be opened before the start of the reserved time and until the responsible user is present at the Children’s Reference Desk. Staff are unable to open the room before the start of their reserved time.
- The responsible user must tell the Children’s Reference Desk staff when the group vacates the room.
Using the Torre Meeting Room
- The meeting room must be occupied continuously during the scheduled booking.
- Library staff have the final authority to make accommodations regarding use of the meeting room, groups staying longer than the maximum time, and when to vacate for the next group.
- Please do not cover the windows or bring in additional furniture.
- The responsible user will be held financially responsible for any damage to the meeting room or furniture.
- The room must be left in a clean and neat condition.
- Property should not be left unattended in the room. The Library is not responsible for personal property.
- The Library’s Behavior Policy applies to the meeting room.
Groups are expected to cancel rooms that are no longer needed. Reservations can be cancelled using the cancellation link provided in the booking confirmation email, or by contacting the Cupertino Library in person at the Children’s Desk or at (408) 446-1677.