Cupertino Library provides a small study room for small groups of 2-4 people, located in the children’s area on the first floor of the Library. This room is provided for children in 8th grade and younger for the purposes of small group study, discussions, projects, or homework help.
Library services and programs have priority for the use of the rooms. The Library reserves the right to modify or cancel reservations with reasonable notice based on the operational needs of the Library.
Groups must read and adhere to this policy. If not otherwise specified, the Children’s Small Study Room is subject to the SCCLD Community Room Policy.
Booking the Room
- The Children’s Small Study Room may be used by small groups of not less than 2 and not more than 4 people.
- At least one of the people using the room must be a child in 8th grade or younger.
- Adults may use the room before 2pm Monday-Friday if they meet all other usage requirements.
- If staff observe the room being used by groups that do not meet these requirements, the group may be asked to leave.
- Reservations are made online and can be booked up to seven days in advance.
- The Children’s Small Study Room is available for reservation for up to two hours.
- Groups are requested to limit their reservations to once per day. If the same group makes more than one reservation per day, subsequent reservations may be cancelled.
- A valid SCCLD library card is required to book the room.
- The person who makes the booking will hereafter be known as the “responsible user” and must present their library card at the first floor Children’s Desk at check-in.
- The responsible user must check in with their library card at the first floor Children’s Desk at the start of their reserved time.
- At least one child in 8th grade or below must be present at check-in before the room can be opened.
- Groups must check in within 15 minutes of the start time of their reservation, or the reservation will be cancelled.
Using the Children’s Small Study Room
- The study room must be occupied continuously during the scheduled booking.
- Children’s Desk staff have the final authority to make accommodations regarding use of the study room, groups staying longer than the maximum time, and when to vacate for the next group.
- Please do not cover the windows or bring in extra furniture.
- Commercial uses and advertising, donations, raffles, collections, fees, or other sales are prohibited, except as provided by this policy. Use by an individual or any organization for making sales or solicitations for any type of product or service is prohibited, including nonprofit community groups and for-profit or private business organizations.
- The Library’s contact information cannot be used as an official address for any individual or organization using the group study rooms.
- The responsible user will be held financially responsible for any damage to the study room or furniture.
- The room must be left in a clean and neat condition.
- Property should not be left unattended in the room. The Library is not responsible for personal property.
- The Library’s Behavior Policy applies to the study room.
- The responsible user must tell the Children’s Desk staff when the group vacates the room.
Groups are expected to cancel rooms that are no longer needed. Reservations can be cancelled using the cancellation link provided in the booking confirmation email, or by contacting the Cupertino Library in person at the Children’s Desk or at (408) 446-1677.