Library History

Timeline

1894 

February: Judge & Mrs. Milton Myrick donate $50 for a new public library. Public raises a matching $50. Books from the local YMCA are donated to start a collection.

1923 

Campbell County Women's Club donates part of their newly constructed building for library use. This library opens with 4,500 volumes.

1961 

The library moves to larger facilities at Campbell & Central Avenues.

1967 

Grand opening of the new Campbell Library at 77 Harrison Avenue with 89,000 volumes.

1989 

The Campbell Museum and Senior Center move to their own sites. The Campbell Library doubles in square footage, adding a second level.

The Library is repainted, and new carpet and furniture added.

2011 

The library receives and interior face-lift with new carpet, paint, and furniture.

Today 

Campbell Library houses 201,300 volumes and circulates over 900,000 items each year.