Santa Clara County Library District is happy to announce access to a new online resource to aid job seekers, students and many others. Gale Presents: Peterson’s Career Prep supports you in preparing for the next level, so you can embark on new paths and achieve your goals!
For job seekers, Gale Presents: Peterson’s Career Prep provides in-depth career assessments, information on higher education and certification programs, job searches, and more. This resource also brings together tools and templates to help you develop visually interesting resumés, cover letters, and websites that can be shared with prospective employers.
For students, this valuable digital database provides standardized test preparation, undergraduate and graduate program research, tuition assistance information, and career advice.
Check out these amazing features!
- Four In-Depth Career Assessments: You can align your interests, values, personality, and workplace preferences to drive personalized career recommendations.
- Access to the Occupational Information Network (O*NET): This database developed for the U.S. Department of Labor with more than 1,100 occupational types to search for key information on a specific career path.
- Create a Resume: With a simple, fillable form, VisualCV Resume Creator helps users fill out resumes, cover letters and websites. This allows for one to create multiple resumes and provides inspiration and examples of resumes by job opportunity.
- Find a Career: This resource outlines the path users will need to take to get their dream job. It also provides assessments to align your interests, values and personality to provide users with job recommendations.
- Explore Open Jobs: The Job Board finds current, open positions that align with your career recommendations.
- Advice from Experts: This resource features tutorials on career changes, salary negotiations, resume basics and more.
Are you interested in other resources for job seekers and students? You can find a variety of other resources to help within the Career & Job Skills of the Santa Clara County Library District website any time that is convenient for you. Try Learning Express Library, an online learning platform to take self-paced courses and practice tests. You will find skill-building courses and eBooks to help with reading, writing, and math, occupational practice tests and civil service exams for a variety of career choices and career and academic tests. This resource is available in English and Spanish
You can access all of this and more online 24/7 with your Santa Clara County Library card. Apply for one today!