The County of Santa Clara is committed to advancing the use of innovative, evidence-based policymaking to drive government investments toward proven policies and programs. The Sociology Collection by ProQuest is one such tool for County employees to access research journal articles to determine the level of evidence in their programs and interventions.
What is the Sociology Collection?
THE SOCIOLOGY COLLECTION provides access to Sociological Abstracts in combination with other databases covering the international literature in sociology and social services, along with related fields. All together it provides abstracts, indexing, and full-text coverage of journal articles, books, book chapters, dissertations, working papers, and more, as well as full-text from hundreds of leading sociology journals.
It includes the following databases:
- Sociology Database, which provides full-text journals, dissertations, and other content covering sociology, social work, and related fields.
- Applied Social Sciences Index & Abstracts (ASSIA), which is an index database covering the applied social sciences, spanning the literature of health, social services, psychology, sociology, economics, politics, race relations, and education.
- Sociological Abstracts, which indexes the international literature of sociology and related disciplines in the social and behavioral sciences. It includes the companion file Social Services Abstracts which provides bibliographic coverage of current research focused on social work, human services, and related areas.
TO GET STARTED, CLICK HERE!
Subject areas include:
* Addiction * Race and ethnicity * Social structure * Community & mental health * Social care * Social welfare
* Family & marriage * Social policy * Social work * Gerontology * Social services * Sociology
More details on the specific content are provided here.
View title list here.
For additional online resources and research databases from Santa Clara County Library District, visit our Online Library Homepage. Don't have a library card? Check out our Full-Membership Library Card & Other Options page.