On February 23, 1994, Congressman John Porter (R-IL) proclaimed February as National Bird-Feeding Month. This celebratory month was created to educate the public on the wild bird feeding and bird watching. In particular, with February being a winter month, food and resources that birds count on are scarce.
Celebrate National Bird Feeding Month at home.
- Put a feeder in your yard to attract different kinds of birds.
- Add a place with water.
- Do some bird watching
Celebrating National Bird Feeding Month with the library.
- Enjoy one of my many books about birds.
- Attend one of our programs about birds.
- February 11 at Gilroy Library- Next Box Building for Kids Ages 8-12
- February 14 at Cupertino Library- Silicon Valley Audubon Society Beginning Birding and Migration
- February 18 at Gilroy Library- Beginning birding with the Audubon Society
- February 25 at Morgan Hill Library- WERC: Feathers, Fur & Scales
- March 4 at Saratoga Library- Beginning Birding with the Audubon Society