Use your Library Card to Check Out a Free Vehicle Day-Use Pass for 200+ California State Parks!
Did you know that in addition to providing access to books, movies, online resources and more, your library card can also check out a California State Park Pass in 2022 to visit over 200 participating state parks for free?
Thanks to a collaboration between the California State Library and California State Parks, you have a way to access many of the state’s beautiful beaches, forests, deserts, monuments, lakes and rivers.
The California State Library Parks Pass provides free vehicle day-use entry into a participating state park, and you can visit any number of eligible state parks while you have the pass checked out.
To Use the Free California Park Passes:
- Reserve the State park pass from the library catalog and pick up from any SCCLD library when available.
- A very limited number of passes are available. Borrowing periods are up to 3 weeks. We appreciate your patience.
- Plan your adventure. The pass is valid at over 200 California State Parks. Visit CheckOutCAStateParks.com for a list of which parks are NOT eligible.
- Park for free at a participating California State Park. Show the pass to a uniformed state park employee, scan barcode on front of pass at reader or display from your vehicle’s rearview mirror.
- Return the pass to the library for others to enjoy.
*The pass is not valid at parks operated by federal or local governments, private agencies or concessionaires. Additionally, the pass is not valid for per-person entry or tour fees, boat use, camping, group use or sites, special events, commercial use, additional/extra vehicle fees, or for supplemental fees and cannot be used in conjunction with any other pass and/or discount.