The Saratoga Library (408-867-6126) is a member of the Santa Clara County Library District. As a member, we provide the following:
- Events for all ages
- Dedicated Children's and Teen spaces
- Online Collections & Services, Available 24/7
- eBooks, eMagazines, eMovies, eMusic, Research, Homework Help, Online Classes, and More!
- Reference & Readers' Advisory and Account Services
- Public-use computers and technology equipment, including
- Free Wi-Fi and Internet access
- Full service computers with Microsoft Office software
- Color printer and photocopier
- Wireless printing for Android & iOS and for Laptops
- Multimedia scanning
- Self-check stations
- Learn more about computers, Wi-Fi, children's computers, and other technologies in the library!
- Book drop for returning items, accessible 24/7
Facility & Collections
The Saratoga Library is housed in a 48,500 sq. ft. building, and includes:
- A Community Meeting Room with a max capacity of 135 people
- 1 group study room, 1 quiet study room (with 20 individual tables & armchairs)
- Children's area and Teen Space
- Access to an extensive, shared County Library collection of over two million books, movies, and more
- Non-English Language Collections
- Special Collections:
- Muko-Shi Collection: This collection houses books and pamphlets given to the Saratoga Library by visitors from the city of Muko-Shi, Saratoga's sister city in Japan. These items can circulate, but rarely go out.
- Cunningham Collection: This local history collection focuses on Saratoga and the surrounding area. Florence Cunningham was a Saratoga historian and member of a Saratoga pioneer family. These items are library-use only.
Exhibits in the Library
If you are interested in exhibiting your artwork, please read our Exhibit Policy.
If you have any questions, please contact:
The Library Art Committee, c/o Betsy White
13650 Saratoga Ave
Saratoga, CA 95070
Or call (408) 867-6126 ext. 3817.
Meets first Monday of the month, except June-August. Find Book Club meetings.
Support the Library
Teen Advisory Board
Teen Advisory Board applications accepted annually. Contact the Saratoga Library Teen Librarian at (408) 867-6126 for more information.
Propose a Library-Sponsored Event
After reviewing the Program Policy, please fill out this application to propose that the library sponsor an event that you (or your team) offer, to be held at the library. Due to the high volume of program applications we receive, we may only contact you if we may be interested in partnering with you on a future program/event. Thank you for your interest in library-sponsored events.
The Saratoga Library was incorporated as the fourth branch of the Santa Clara County Library. It was located in the drug store of George S. Buckley. His wife Clara Buckley was the first librarian.
Saratoga Library moved to the Sunday School Room of the old First Christian Church on Big Basin Way. Mrs. Nell C. Emrich was appointed librarian.
A formal dedication ceremony took place for the newly constructed Saratoga Library, located on the corner of Oak Street and Los Gatos Road. The Saratoga Foothill Club and Sheldon P. Patterson raised $12,000 to build the new facility. The architect was Edward Spencer of Oakland, California.
The library was dedicated in Patterson’s memory and remained in operation until December 1981.
The Quito Park Library opened in Quito Village and served as a second library location in Saratoga. It remained in operation until 1978.
The present Saratoga Library opened on Saratoga Avenue and Fruitvale. It was also designed by Mr. Spencer.
The Friends of the Saratoga Library took over the former library building that was located on the corner of Oak Street and Los Gatos Road to run the Book-Go-Round.
Celebrations were held for the newly remodeled and expanded 48,000 square foot library.