The Morgan Hill Library (408-779-3196) is a member of the Santa Clara County Library District. As a member, we provide the following:
- Events for all ages
- Dedicated Children's and Teen spaces
- Online Collections & Services, Available 24/7
- eBooks, eMagazines, eMovies, eMusic, Research, Homework Help, Online Classes, and More!
- Reference & Readers' Advisory and Account Services
- Public-use computers and technology equipment, including
- Free Wi-Fi and Internet access
- Full service computers with Microsoft Office software
- Color printer and photocopier
- Wireless printing for Android & iOS and for Laptops
- Multimedia scanning
- Self-check stations
- Learn more about computers, Wi-Fi, children's computers, and other technologies in the library!
- Book drop for returning items, accessible 24/7
Facility & Collections
The Morgan Hill Library is housed in a 30,500 sq. ft. building, which includes:
- A Community Meeting Room with a max capacity of 92 people
- Children's area and Teen Space
- Access to an extensive, shared County Library collection of over two million books, movies, and more
- Non-English Language Collections
- Special Collection: Local History
Artwork in the Morgan Hill Library
Learn more about the artwork, opens a new window located in, and outside, of our library.
The After Dinner Book Club meets the first Tuesday of the month at 7:30pm. Find Book Club meetings.
- Facebook: Morgan Hill Library, opens a new window
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & More: SCCLD
Support the Library
Teen Advisory Board
Teen Advisory Board applications accepted annually. Contact the Morgan Hill Library Teen Librarian at (408) 779-3196 for more information.
Propose a Library-Sponsored Event
After reviewing the Program Policy, please fill out this application to propose that the library sponsor an event that you (or your team) offer, to be held at the library. Due to the high volume of program applications we receive, we may only contact you if we may be interested in partnering with you on a future program/event. Thank you for your interest in library-sponsored events.
July: Morgan Hill established as a branch of the Santa Clara County Library.
Morgan Hill Library opens in Goold's Department Store. A few shelves of books behind a curtain are open from 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
The library moves to the rear of the Miller building with 2,000 volumes.
The library moves again to the backyard of Edith Reed, the library at the time, on 6th Street.
Morgan Hill Library operates from the annex of the Friendly Inn with Mrs. Walter Graeb as librarian.
Nob Hill Shopping Center is built with Morgan Hill Library as the original occupant.
With bonds passed by voters, the Civic Center becomes the home of a new library housing over 48,000 volumes.
July: The current Morgan Hill Library opens with over 160,000 volumes and works of art inside and outside the library.
February: The library expands its current facility with the addition of a new Children's Activity Room and larger children's area.