Welcome to the 15th Annual SCCLD Poetry Contest!
We invite teens to create up to three poems and send them to us.
- One winner from each library will be chosen in the following categories: Grades 6-8 (Middle School), Grades 9-12 (High School)
- Submit up to three original poems, no longer than 30 lines.
- All poems must be printed neatly or typed. Make sure it is legible.
- Submitted poems will not be returned.
- Poems may be submitted with the online form below or contact your Teen Librarian to submit a paper entry form.
- Last day to submit your entry is April 30, 2021.
- Poems will be judged by grade level, original content, style, vocabulary, and creative expression.
- Winners will receive a $50.00 gift card and the hardcover 15 years of the Teen Poetry Contest Book.
- Winners will be contacted by phone or email by May 30, 2021.
- Prize distribution will be arranged with your Teen Services Librarian.