National Library Week 2022: April 3 - April 9
The theme of this year’s National Library Week (April 3-9) is “Connect with your Library.” Libraries are a place for people of all ages to connect in person, connect through shared interests, connect to online resources and, increasingly, to connect virtually. As part of the celebration of this week, you are invited to take part in daily activities.
- Monday, April 4: The workweek starts off with the release of the American Library Association’s State of America’s Libraries Report, which has a wealth of data about library use nationwide. The Top Ten Frequently Challenged Books of 2021 list will also be released, a hot topic this year with efforts by some groups to limit access to certain books.
- Tuesday, April 5: National Library Workers Day, a time to thank the many great individuals who staff and provide support to our libraries. To each of you, THANK YOU for your involvement, support and contributions to make SCCLD one of the Top Ten Library Systems in the nation with a budget of more than $30 million, according to Library Journal.
- Wednesday, April 6: National Library Outreach Day, which gives us a chance to highlight the great work of our Bookmobile team, along with the Library District’s BookDash service, community outreach activities and community partners.
- Thursday, April 7: Take Action for Libraries Day, a time when those who care about library priorities contact elected officials and others to advocate for important issues. You can also follow your local library on social media and tell us what connections you've made thanks to the library. Share stories on our social media sites (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) @SCCLD about services the library has provided that have made a difference in your life and be sure that everyone in your household has an active library account.
- Friday, April 8: Have you signed everyone in your household up for a library account? It's easy to do. Just go into any SCCLD library or Bookmobile stop. Within a few minutes they will have a card that grants them full access to our physical and online collections. There are even three new interactive card designs to choose between. For those who only need a digital account you can easily sign up for one on our website, which will grant you access to our 24/7 Online Library, which is constantly adding great new resources.
- Saturday, April 9: The weekend is a great time to reread one of your favorite books or discover a new favorite with a suggestion from any of our knowledgeable librarians or find a good book on our website. Our 24/7 Online Library has ever-growing collection of eBooks, eAudiobooks, digital music and streaming movies for you to explore. Resources have been helpfully arranged by general subject to make them easier to find, whatever your goal.
Sep 22nd | 10:30am - 11:00am