The Santa Clara County Library District is an open forum promoting knowledge, ideas, and cultural enrichment. The library provides free access to informational, educational, and recreational materials and services. In response to community needs, the library provides diverse resources on a wide variety of subjects and viewpoints and helps people use these resources.
- The library is committed to a positive patron experience.
- The library respects the individual and provides quality services in a non-judgmental way.
- The library promotes the love of books and the importance of reading.
- The library ensures equal and open access to one relevant, diverse, and substantial collection for the entire community.
- The library fosters life-long learning, promotes cultural enrichment, and supports education.
- The library recognizes and respects staff as valuable and essential to quality library services today and into the future.
- The library welcomes volunteers and appreciates their contributions of time and talent.
- The library ensures that physical spaces are welcoming, safe, clean, and accessible.
- The library is committed to intellectual freedom and the privacy rights of all patrons.