Santa Clara County Library District is cancelling all group events/meetings at our eight libraries until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Full refunds will be issued for room booking cancellations starting Sat, Mar 7. If you have questions about your refund, please email the Community Librarian pertaining to the location of your reservation.
Check back on sccld.org, opens a new window for the latest updates and to discover the many online services and resources, opens a new window we offer. To find updates about COVID-19, please visit the County of Santa Clara’s Public Health Department: sccgov.org/sites/phd, opens a new window
All room bookings are unavailable until further notice.
Looking for some meeting space?
Community groups are invited to use Gilroy Library's Community Room. All programs and meetings must be free and open to the public. Smaller groups are invited to use the Meeting Room.
The Gilroy Library also has a Computer Training Lab, with 18 computers. Booking this room needs approval by the Community Librarian; it cannot be booked online. Please contact the Gilroy Library Community Librarian at (408) 842-8207 or Gilroy_Manager@sccl.org to book the Computer Training Lab.
Eligible Organizations (in priority order)
- Santa Clara County Library District
- Organizations whose programs are co-sponsored by SCCLD (Friends of the Library, The Reading Program, etc.)
- SCCLD related groups such as Library Commissions, Friends of the Library or library foundations or endowments
- City or Santa Clara County sponsored meetings
- Civic, school and nonprofit groups presenting programs of public interest
The rooms are available for reservations on:
- Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays: 1pm - 8:30pm
- Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays: 10am - 5:30pm
Making a Reservation
Before making a reservation, a representative of the group must read our Community Room Policy and Behavior Standards to ensure the group meets the requirements. A valid SCCLD library card is needed to book a room. The representative making the booking assumes responsibility for any damages.
Reserve the Community Room
The Community Room may be booked by groups of 10 to 100 people for educational, cultural, intellectual, civic, or charitable activities and community events. 60 stackable chairs, 10 folding tables, a dry erase board, sink, podium, projection screen (screen only, no projector use) and wireless Internet access are available in the room.
Please review the Community Room usage requirements before making a reservation.
- A group of 10 to 100 people may book the Community Room.
- A group may book the Community Room once per month.
- A group may book the Community Room up to 90 days in advance on a first come, first served basis.
- The maximum duration for a single booking is 7.5 hours.
- There is a non-refundable fee per booking.
- Check in at the upstairs Information Desk.
- The library reserves the right to cancel a reservation with reasonable notice to a group.
- The name and phone number of the group and representative may be given to anyone inquiring about the meeting.
- There is a non-refundable fee per booking for the Community Room: $25 for 4 or fewer hours, or $50 for over 4 hours.
- Acceptable forms of payment are: cash and check.
- Checks must be made payable to Gilroy Library or Santa Clara County Library District.
- Payment is due within 7 days of receiving approval of the reservation.
- Payment must be made in-person; it cannot be mailed in.
Reserve the Meeting Room
Groups of 4 to 31 people can book the downstairs Meeting Room for purposes of group study, discussions, or projects. 30 stackable chairs, 8 folding tables, dry erase board, TV monitor, and wireless Internet connection are available in this room.
Please review the Meeting Room usage requirements before making a reservation.
- The Meeting Room may be used by groups of 4 to 31 people.
- Groups may book the Meeting Room up to 30 days in advance.
- Groups may book the Meeting Room once per day.
- The maximum duration for a single booking is 2 hours.
- Check in at the ground floor Accounts Desk within 10 minutes of the reserved start time.
- There is no fee for booking the Meeting Room.
A group must give the library at least 2 days cancellation notice or future use may be prohibited.
Please use the cancellation link provided in the booking confirmation email, or contact the Gilroy Library Information Desk in person or at (408) 842-8207 to cancel a booking.
After reviewing the Program Policy, please fill out this application to propose that the library sponsor an event that you (or your team) offer, to be held at the library. Due to the high volume of program applications we receive, we may only contact you if we may be interested in partnering with you on a future program/event. Thank you for your interest in library-sponsored events.
To see all library rooms available for reservation, visit Book a Room @ the Library.