For help, please fill out our Contact Support form.
You will need
- For iOS, install the SimplyE app from the App store.
- iPad, iPad 2, iPad Air, iPad mini iOS 8+
- iPhone, 4,5,6 iOS 8+
- iPod Touch iOS 8+
- An Internet connection
- A valid Santa Clara County Library District card and PIN.
How it works
- Access the SimplyE app.
- Tap Find Your Library and select "Santa Clara County Library District" as your library location. Note, you can add more libraries later under the Settings tab. Go to Accounts and tab Add Library.
- Search and browse for titles.
- To search for a specific author or title: Tap the search icon in the upper right corner and enter the author or book name.Tap More... to view all books in a category. When viewing all books in a category, you can sort by Author, Availability, or Collection. You can also sort books in the My Books and Reservations tabs.
- If the title is unavailable, tap the Reserve button to reserve a copy.
- If a title is already available, tap the Get button, then tap the Read button to read the eBook or to play the Audiobook.
- Note, you can always access your holds and borrowed items from the Homepage. Tap My Books to access all the titles you currently have checked out, and tap Reservations to show the progress of your holds.
- To adjust your reading settings, tap the center of the screen to bring up the reading interface. Tap the TT button on the upper right-hand corner, in order to adjust the brightness and text size, etc. for your eBook.
- For your Audiobook, you can rewind or fast forward by 15 seconds. You can tap the half moon icon to set a sleep timer. You can tap 1.0x to increase or decrease the reading speed. You can access the Table of Contents by selecting menu icon. Here you can jump ahead or go back a chapter.
- The default lending period is 21 days.
- After the lending period, all borrowed digital titles are automatically returned at the end of their lending periods, so you never have to worry about late fees (exceptions include titles in the public domain, which can stay on your SimplyE bookshelf indefinitely).
- To return a title early: Go to My Books, tap the title and tap Return.
- No fines, no fees.
- 10 checkouts / 12 holds