For help, please fill out our Contact Support form.
You will need
- For Android, install the SimplyE app from the Google Play store.
- Recommended: Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK level 21
- Minimum: Android 4.4 KitKat SDK Level 19
- Devices Tested: Google Nexus 7, Galaxy Note
- An Internet connection
- A valid Santa Clara County Library District card and PIN.
The devices listed below will not work with the SimplyE app.
- Android 4.3, Android 4.2, Android 4.1, Android 4.0.3 - 4.0.4, Android 2.3.3 - 2.3.7, Android 2.2
- Nook HD/HD+, Nook Tablet, No
How it works
- Access the SimplyE app.
- Tap the menu icon ( ).
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on Accounts.
- On the upper-right hand corner, tap the Plus (+) sign.
- This brings up a list of participating libraries. Choose "Santa Clara County Library District" from the menu.
- The app adds "Santa Clara County Library District" and tap on the library name and enter your library card number and PIN to access the collection.
- Next, return to the homepage by selecting the build-in "Back button" and under the label "The SimplyE Collection," tap the pull-down menu, select "Santa Clara County Library District" and this will open up our library collection.
- Search and browse for titles.
- To search for a specific author or title: Tap the search icon in the upper right corner and enter the author or book name.Tap More... to view all books in a category. When viewing all books in a category, you can sort by Author, Availability, or Collection. You can also sort books in the My Books and Reservations tabs.
- If the title is unavailable, tap the Reserve button to reserve a copy.
- If a title is already available, tap the Get button, then tap the Read button to read the eBook or to play the Audiobook.
- Note, you can always access your holds and borrowed items from the Homepage. Tap the menu icon ( ) and then My Books to access all the titles you currently have checked out, or tap the menu icon ( ) and then Reservations to show the progress of your holds.
- To adjust your reading settings, tap the Aa button on the upper right-hand corner. This will allow you to adjust the brightness and text size, etc. for your eBook.
- For your Audiobook, you can rewind or fast forward by 15 seconds. You can tap the half moon icon to set a sleep timer. You can access the Table of Contents by selecting menu icon. Here you can jump ahead or go back a chapter.
- The default lending period is 21 days.
- After the lending period, all borrowed digital titles are automatically returned at the end of their lending periods, so you never have to worry about late fees (exceptions include titles in the public domain, which can stay on your SimplyE bookshelf indefinitely).
- To return a title early: Go to My Books, tap the title and tap Return.
- No fines, no fees.
- 10 checkouts / 12 holds