Santa Clara County Library District is cancelling all group events/meetings at our eight libraries until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Full refunds will be issued for room booking cancellations starting Sat, Mar 7. If you have questions about your refund, please email the Community Librarian pertaining to the location of your reservation.
Check back on sccld.org, opens a new window for the latest updates and to discover the many online services and resources, opens a new window we offer. To find updates about COVID-19, please visit the County of Santa Clara’s Public Health Department: sccgov.org/sites/phd, opens a new window
All room bookings are unavailable until further notice.
Looking for some Meeting Space?
Cupertino Library provides a community meeting room called the ThinkTank, located on the second floor of the Library, for small groups to use for purposes of group study, discussions or projects, as well as a small study room for children.
Meeting room reservations are made online. Please check in at the reference desk 10 minutes before the start of your reservation time.
Eligible Organizations (in priority order)
- Santa Clara County Library District
- Organizations whose programs are co-sponsored by SCCLD (Friends of the Library, The Reading Program, etc.)
- SCCLD related groups such as Library Commissions, Friends of the Library or library foundations and endowments
- City or Santa Clara County sponsored meetings
- Civic, school, and nonprofit groups presenting programs of public interest
The room is available for use on:
- Monday - Friday: 10:15am to 8:30pm
- Saturday, Sunday: 10:15am to 6pm
Making a Reservation
Before making your reservation, you must read and agree to adhere to the Library's Community Room Policy and Behavior Standards, as well as any room usage requirements for the room you are booking. You must have a valid SCCLD library card to book a room.
Reserve the ThinkTank
The ThinkTank is a medium-sized meeting room. It can be booked once per week, and reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance. Due to room size and safety regulations, groups of at least 4 and no more than 15 people can book the room (please note: With all the tables set up there is typically room to seat 12 people).
Before making your reservation please review the ThinkTank Use Policy to ensure your group meets the requirements and understands the responsibilities.
- You will need an email and a valid Santa Clara County Library District card to book the ThinkTank.
- Check in at the second floor reference desk 10 minutes before the start of your reservation time.
- At least 3 people, including the responsible user who made the booking, must be present before staff can open the room.
- If you would like to use the Mondopad for screen casting, please review the Mondopad Screen Casting Instructions.
- The responsible user must tell the Adult Services Information Desk staff when the group vacates the room.
Reserve the Children's Small Study Room
Cupertino Library provides a small study room for small groups of 2-4 people, located in the children’s area on the first floor of the Library. This room is provided for children in 8th grade and younger for the purposes of small group study, discussions, projects, or homework help.
Before making your reservation please review the Children's Small Study Room Use Policy to ensure your group meets the requirements and understands the responsibilities.
- The Children’s Small Study Room may be used by small groups of not less than 2 and not more than 4 people.
- At least one of the people using the room must be a child in 8th grade or younger.
- Adults may use the room before 2pm Monday-Friday if they meet all other usage requirements.
- If staff observe the room being used by groups that do not meet these requirements, the group may be asked to leave.
- The Children’s Small Study Room is available for reservation for up to two hours.
- Groups are requested to limit their reservations to once per day. If the same group makes more than one reservation per day, subsequent reservations may be cancelled.
- The person who makes the booking must present their library card at the first floor Children’s Desk at check-in. At least one child in 8th grade or younger must be present before staff can open the room.
To cancel your room booking online, use the cancellation link sent in the room booking confirmation email. You may also visit the second floor reference desk in-person or call (408) 446-1677 to cancel a booking.
After reviewing the Program Policy, please fill out this application to propose that the library sponsor an event that you (or your team) offer, to be held at the library. Due to the high volume of program applications we receive, we may only contact you if we may be interested in partnering with you on a future program/event. Thank you for your interest in library-sponsored events.
To see all library rooms available for reservation, visit Book a Room @ the Library.