- Android or iOS mobile device
- A network connection to the library's wireless network
If you are using your data plan or a different Wi-Fi network, Wi-Fi printing will not work. After connecting to the SCCL Wi-Fi, please make sure to press the Accept button on the Terms of Service splash page. After accepting, the browser will redirect to our library homepage.
How to Use This Service
- Install app to your device
- Open the website or document you wish to print and use your device’s built-in print system. Any app you print from will have its own kind of drop-down or print option. (If you need more detailed instructions, the Smart Alec app has built in instructions with pictures. You can access them by opening the Smart Alec app and selecting “Instructions”.)
- Select the Smart Alec printer and change any options such as how many copies, the page range, color or black and white.
- Then select Print.
- Go to any Smart Kiosk (print station) in the library to pay/pickup your print jobs.
*Known issue: If you open the Smart Alec app at a library and go to a different library, you will need to stop/restart the Smart Alec app or reboot your device. The vendor is working on a fix to this issue so that devices can automatically refresh the library location every time you open the Smart Alec app.
- Black/White: $0.15 per page
- Color: $0.20 per page