The holidays are nearly upon us, a time for family, friends and giving thanks. What better way to give back to those in need than by participating in SCCLD’s Holiday Food Drive? One in four County residents is at risk for food insecurity, meaning they do not have reliable access to affordable and nutritious food. All food donations will go to Second Harvest of Silicon Valley, opens a new window. One in ten people in Silicon Valley receives assistance from Second Harvest.
Donate online, opens a new window directly to Second Harvest. Every little bit counts!
Most-Needed Food Items:
- Canned foods with pop-top lids, including
- Tuna, chicken or salmon
- Fruits in its own juice or water
- Low-sodium vegetables
- Soup, stew or chili
- Peanut butter
- Olive or canola oil
- Spices (cinnamon, chili powder, cumin, salt-free spice blends)
- Low-sugar whole grain cereals
- Nutritious snacks (granola bars, nuts, dried fruit)
- Bottled water