Push notifications are now live within the Libby app, providing a new way to connect with and engage more readers. Users can choose which notifications they'd like to receive from the Libby menu under Manage Notifications, including:
- When a hold becomes available
- When a loan is about the expire
- When a loan has expired
- And more!
- Notifications are device-specific, so users can set their notification preferences for each device they use Libby on.
- After swiping a push notification, a user will be taken to their Reading Journey for that title, which displays any previous interactions and activity the user had with that book (notes, highlights, time read, etc.).
- Users on devices that don’t support push notifications (or where they’re disabled) can opt to receive notifications via email or in the Libby menu.
- Along with a new Manage Notifications section, the Libby menu has been refreshed and simplified.