The annual Be-You-tiful Be Free writing contest, presented by the Eating Disorders Resource Center (EDRC), is now accepting submissions from students in 6-12th grade and living in the Bay Area.
Through a poem or essay, teens and pre-teens can share their views on mental illnesses, such as depression and anxiety, as well as eating disorders and body image.
The winning entries will receive a cash award.
1st Place - $300
2nd Place - $200
3rd Place - $100
To enter, write a poem or essay on one of the following themes:
- How does social media influence the way you see yourself?
- What does the term "self-acceptance" mean to you and what are some ways you could practice self-acceptance?
- Do you feel you need to look a certain way to be accepted by others?
Submission Requirements (submission example)
- Include your name, grade, and school on top left of page
- Font size 12, Times New Roman
- Single space, one page max
Submit your entry online by March 5, 2021
Sponsored by the Palo Alto Medical Foundation, in partnership with the Santa Clara County Library District.